rear wheels lining up with fenders??

TX93Cobra

Established Member
Ive noticed that my passenger side wheel is lined up further inside the fender compared to the driver side.... is this normal on these cobras or do i have an issue??? what causes this? its a definite noticeable difference... id say about half an inch or so.

TX93Cobra

Established Member
what is the bad advice?? its a dang eye sore to me. im sure other people dont see it but i sure as hell do lol.

jfsram

Established Member
what is the bad advice?? its a dang eye sore to me. im sure other people dont see it but i sure as hell do lol.

It's bad advice because you are throwing a solution at what might not be the problem.

IF the problem is the car has unequal length control arms from left to right. Adjustables or even a pair of correct length control arms will correct.

Let's say the problem is the quarter panel is out of position by 1". This will make the tire appear out of position. So what do you do, move the quarter panel or force the rear axle to one side?

TX93Cobra

Established Member
when i installed the control arms the uppers and lowers matched. just figured it might be a common problem with the foxes or cobras. Ill just jack it up and go through it with a fine tooth comb i guess.

jfsram

Established Member
A four wheel reference alignment might be a good place to start.

Or you can centerline the car yourself. Plot points on the frame like the holes or suspension mounting points. Plumb bob them to the floor. Half way between these points will be the center of the car. Now compare that to wheel track and then the rockers or quarterpanel lips.

TX93Cobra

Established Member
gotcha. ill have to get under it. it wrenches my stomach seeing the smallest things off with this car. lol

Users who are viewing this thread