Rear Wheel Studs

Vinnie T

Established Member
I want to use some new 1/2" slide on-type spacers that Maximum Motorsport just came out with, but it would involve going to longer wheel studs. How hard are they to change? Does it involve removing disc/hub or any other part of the brake or halfshaft assembly? In other words, they are a press fit from the back side of the hub. How do you get the clearance to remove and install them?

Thanks!

Last edited:

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
I had no problem changing mine when it broke, there's a space between the two brakedust shields that one will fit through. I'm not sure how you'd manage to get a longer one through their though.

I'd really consider just getting the hub-centric H&R spacers that come with their own studs, much safer bet.

Vinnie T

Established Member
Originally posted by BlueStripe
I had no problem changing mine when it broke, there's a space between the two brakedust shields that one will fit through. I'm not sure how you'd manage to get a longer one through their though.

I'd really consider just getting the hub-centric H&R spacers that come with their own studs, much safer bet.

Thanks for the info! I just need to get in there and see what the possibilities are.

I used to use a set of H/R 25mm spacers with the stock rims. Unfortunately, they are about 1/4"-3/8" to wide for use on a lowered Cobra with 18x9 FR500 rims and not rub. That's why I was looking for the slide on type at about 1/2". Do you recall how long the original studs are? The replacements that MM sells are 3" long.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I took the rotors off laid them on a table and hit the studs out of the hub. Installed the steeda 3" studs put it back together and put the spare on using the lug nuts to pull the studs all the way in.

Users who are viewing this thread