Rear wheel stud?

slick4_6

Established Member
Can they be replaced without removing the hub? How far down do you have to take the rear apart to get a new one in? I searched but the only thing I could find was for the front.

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
I remember reading on here that someone used a clamp and an oversized socket to get it in/out. I tried it, but I couldn't get it pressed in so I ended up taking it to a shop. Wish I could be more help:shrug:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
You can punch out the old stud with an air chisel with a blunt punch. Then simply pull the new one in with some flat washers with neverseize on them and a backwards lug nut.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

slick4_6

Established Member
I could not tell if there was room around the knuckle to get the new stud in without having to remove the hub. I don't want to get a late start on it to find out my 15 minute job is going to take 1 hour or more.

slick4_6

Established Member
It wasn't a big deal. I changed it without even removing the brakes. It did take a little bit of time getting the stud fished through and up into the hole with the rotor in the way. 15 minutes tops.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
It wasn't a big deal. I changed it without even removing the brakes. It did take a little bit of time getting the stud fished through and up into the hole with the rotor in the way. 15 minutes tops.

Taking the rotor off makes this job a LOT easier! :read:

slick4_6

Established Member
Taking the rotor off makes this job a LOT easier! :read:

I'm lazy. I ran a magnet through the hole to pull it through. I didn't want to have to remove anything more than I had to. On a side note, I installed my MM differential brace and it was a total PIA to get wedged in their but I can tell it helped out. Next will hopefully be one of your kick ass bushing kits.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread