Rear wheel size?

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
Hey guys I am having some difficulties and I'm hoping you guys could shed some light on the situation. I am looking to get some wider wheels in the rear of my 2010 gt. The Original plan was to buy some 10.5 " wide wheels and some wheel spacers but I can't seem to find anything wider than 10" for our cars. My bro in law had 10.5s on his 02 and the extra half inch really made it look mean. My question I guess is if anyone knows anywhere I can get them without having to get them special ordered? If I could get some replica ones that wide for the premium 19 inch ones I got from the factory that would be great , would save me from buying all 4 new wheels and tires. If not I'm looking to get 18 inch deep dish bulitts, anthracite in color. Any help is appreciated.

sqidd

Established Member
I am a wheel “Pre-Madonna”. After four years and only 10K miles I am just about to get my third set. They are never quite right.

Getting 10.5” wide wheels is about impossible. I think I have looked at everything that can possibly fit on a S197. There are a few out there but like you mentioned they are either special order or crazy high dollar. That being said I am focused on 18” wheels. I have seen some 19 and 20” wheels that are available in wider sizes. There are a couple out there that are 20x11 with about a 62mm backspacing that will fit in the rear.

The last set I got only came as wide as 9.5” so I ended up having the rears widened out to 10.5”. It’s not a bad option especially if you already have the wheels you want but just want wider ones in the rear.

The best place in the country to get you wheels done at is Weldcraft in Plymouth, MI

GTMustangNC

Established Member
I know the race stars come in 17x9.5 for the REAR!
they also have a 15x10 w/ 7.5 bs that make either a direct fit!

908ssp

Established Member
11" wide and lowered 1".

Stock wheels and tires 255/45-18, tire and wheel 56lbs
Steeda front 9.5" wide 275/35-20, tire and wheel 61lbs, +5lbs more than stock
Steeda rear 11" wide 315/35-20, tire and wheel 69.5lbs, +13.5lbs more than stock

_1012158-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread