Rear Wheel Alignment

Yellow Snake

Darkside Is Near
Established Member
Ok maybe a poll here,

How many times have you found you rear end being out of alignment?

Seems that they can can really get out of wack with TOE-IN, almost plowing.

anyone had this problem, any idea as to what the cause is for this to happen.

Just wondering, car has 21,000 miles and only made 4 passes at the track, and that was like 15,000 miles ago.

Just recently had it aligned at the dealer and the tech said it was out pretty bad.

The yellowsnake is primarily a Garage Queen.
:shrug: :coolman:

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
not sure. but i notice my rear tires are starting to butterfly in. its weird. i made a couple trips down the strip not long ago and notice this today =x

OrangeMachine

Established Member
quick01snake said:
my toe-in was pretty bad when i lowered it....

Even with the solid axle? Or was this before the swap? I just made an appt. to get my front aligned after I lowered it. Looks like it's set up for the track with all that + camber.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
SnakeEyes@@ said:
Even with the solid axle? Or was this before the swap? I just made an appt. to get my front aligned after I lowered it. Looks like it's set up for the track with all that + camber.

no that was when i lowered it w/ the IRS...

Yellow Snake

Darkside Is Near
Established Member
What clued me on to the problem was that I rotated the tires, (New HanKook's) with about 6000 miles on them and Dang, most of the inner part of the tires was wearing away badly.Iwas pretty pissed as these are by far the best tires I have run on any of my Mustangs.

At any rate, Guys, check you rear alighnment, unless you don't mind chewing on your tires.

MOTOR-ON :coolman:

jcobra

Established Member
Oh great, I got a quote to have springs, camber plates, and alignment done. Now I have to do a rear alignment too. Holy sh$t this is getting expensive.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
jcobra said:
Oh great, I got a quote to have springs, camber plates, and alignment done. Now I have to do a rear alignment too. Holy sh$t this is getting expensive.

you don't need two seperate alignments....just a 4 wheel alignment....

duece

Established Member
mine has 12,000 on my tires and it has worn significantly more on the insides of the rear tires.Plan on new tires and alignment in a couple of months when things warm up.

Users who are viewing this thread