Rear UCA's

bumsoil

Established Member
It looks like ford has discontinued the UCA's for our cars. i definitely don't have the money to go with a torque arm setup, so whats the best option with shot UCA's?
Looking into steeda arms or J&M UCA's, they both have 3 piece bushings.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
You can replace the bushings on the axle side of the UCA, but I didn't know those control arms from MM weren't available. wtf.

bumsoil

Established Member
well, i couldn't find replacement bushings for the arms. so i ordered axle end bushings from mm, and J&M UCA's, and ill report back on how it feels.
at this point im sure anythings better then my sock beat arms., the way my rear end moves around braking into a corner is terrible.

bumsoil

Established Member
I finally got a chance to put the control arms in along with new ford axle side bushings. The axle is much more centered, no more pulling me around in ruts while coming to a stop or just driving. When i hit a manhole cover that's sunk into the road, the car stays strait. it used to rear steer A LOT. When turning there is far less snap overseer, i was expecting to see the suspension bind up and act terrible, but coming from shot bushings this is a huge improvement in stability. Just about every aspect of performance and daily driving is WAY better.

Last edited:

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
I finally got a chance to put the control arms in along with new ford axle side bushings. The axle is much more centered, no more pulling me around in ruts while coming to a stop or just driving. When i hit a manhole cover that's sunk into the road, the car stays strait. it used to rear steer A LOT. When turning there is far less snap overseer, i was expecting to see the suspension bind up and act terrible, but coming from shot bushings this is a huge improvement in stability. Just about every aspect of performance and daily driving is WAY better.

How bad were the old bushings?

bumsoil

Established Member
How bad were the old bushings?

12179236_1227011433975928_876674766_n.jpg
12181878_1227011333975938_1342021310_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread