Rear tire help

ATX5.0

Established Member
Hey guys. I am finally pulling the trigger on a set of rear tires for my 12 5.0. The car is lowered 1.5" all the way around. Anyway, I know this is beating on a dead horse and my apologizes in advance, since I've read up on several tire threads on here but none have really convinced me. Looking for a rear tire in the 200$ range for a 19x9.5 sve wheel. My top options so far are: conti DW, MT street comp and hankook v12 in 285/35. Wish I could run a 295 tire but I've been told not to for several reasons. Just wanted to get yalls opinions or recommendations from personal experience. Thanks in advance. Btw: I have a pair of nitto 555s (275) that will be going on the front, currently on rear.

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Even though they should be, not all 295's are the same actual width. You need to check the actual width's listed on a site like tire rack.

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
Conti DW = best wet traction summer tire on the market. Most have supper similar dry traction so I typically go for the one that does the best in the wet on my recommendations. Just as good as the MI super sport in my opinion in the wet. Wear is good for a summer, 340 UTQG if my memory serves.

Mixing tires is never recommended, but as long as they are both Summers with similar UTQG no one will die in a fiery crash... LOL... I assume your front then is a 275/35R19? The DW does also come in that size for when you are tired of mismatched tires. I vote DW. best bang for your buck, a step ahead of the hankooks.

ATX5.0

Established Member
Conti DW = best wet traction summer tire on the market. Most have supper similar dry traction so I typically go for the one that does the best in the wet on my recommendations. Just as good as the MI super sport in my opinion in the wet. Wear is good for a summer, 340 UTQG if my memory serves.

Mixing tires is never recommended, but as long as they are both Summers with similar UTQG no one will die in a fiery crash... LOL... I assume your front then is a 275/35R19? The DW does also come in that size for when you are tired of mismatched tires. I vote DW. best bang for your buck, a step ahead of the hankooks.
. Yea the 555s are 275/35 and leaning more towards the conti dw's. Did see that the v12 295/30 tire width is .5" more vs a 285 v12, not sure if that's too big. They are .4" larger than a 285/35 DW.

Users who are viewing this thread