Rear Sway Bar woes

poopyhead

Established Member
Purchased a 2012 MCA V6 6spd conv. last year. At time of purchase the car had 800 miles on it. As of today I have 11k on it to be exact and havent had any other issues except for the front struts creaking during cold days. But now I have a serious rattle coming from the rear. I thought I had something rolling around in the trunk. After lifting the car in the driveway I discovered that the rear sway bar bushings are shot. I have seen alot of threads with this issue and I am wondering if Ford will send out a TSB for this issue. It puzzles me that these bushings would go bad this early. The car is not driven hard btw. Also if there is anyone in the NYC area that can reconmend a Ford dealer that has a great service department? My dealer is ok but just that ok.....

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Purchased a 2012 MCA V6 6spd conv. last year. At time of purchase the car had 800 miles on it. As of today I have 11k on it to be exact and havent had any other issues except for the front struts creaking during cold days. But now I have a serious rattle coming from the rear. ...

Hi poopyhead,

Have you been to the dealer to have them look at this rattle? They'll be in the best position to get it diagnosed for you. Let me know what they have to say.

Ashley

Users who are viewing this thread