Rear Sway Bar Mounting Solutions?

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
I have Hotchkis TVS, Belltech 1" shackles, Belltech shock extenders, with passenger shock flipped, and Jlp 51" T-Bars.
My sway bar is hitting my frame since I installed my Socal endlinks. Im looking for a new sway bar that will not have any clearance issues with lowered trucks. Please show me your setups.

KG21

Big Ticket
Established Member
There are guys using the Hellwig bar mounted under the axle on trucks with big drops.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
The bar and mounting location that KG21 mentions but I don't have any pictures to help you out. I think Chris Nelson has a How-To on it in that section though if you can find it, I am pretty sure it had pictures.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
I just put my hellwig (that i bought from Chris Nelson) on my truck.
Forward facing and upside down is the only way for me to do it. Ill try to grab some pics this weekend if you dont get any

cthunder

Established Member
flip the bar so it is upside down, the U should be below the pumpkin and the two extensions from the bar should be facing towards the cab. Im lowered 5 and 7 and it's a perfect fit.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
flip the bar so it is upside down, the U should be below the pumpkin and the two extensions from the bar should be facing towards the cab. Im lowered 5 and 7 and it's a perfect fit.

With a hotchkis bar?

Bootbox

Established Member
Hellwig bar.

I'm running the same setup with a 4/6 drop and it works great.

edit: found a pic of mine
hellwigbar0dy.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread