Rear suspension noise

CanuckCobra

Established Member
Hey Guys,

I have this wierd popping sound in my rear suspension,when I push down on the rear passenger side quarter it makes the sound ,and I can hear it when I'm driving..I know other guys have this problem too.

Also it feels like the whole rear end slides when i hit 2nd gear really hard..could be bald tires ;) or I'm paranoid..just looking for suggestions,could I have a loose IRS bolt? Where should I look? Is there a fix for this?

Suspension is stock..

Thanks
Morgan

:shrug:

My rear suspension makes an ugly ass squeaking noise sometimes, I put wd-40 to lube it up and it went away for a few weeks. Now its back though, i dont know if its related to your noise though

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
might wanna check your IRS bolts. something about a 14mm and 12mm bolt is needed. maybe someone will chime in on this. one of this bolts holds the IRS togather better..

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
The bolts he is talking about are the forward IRS subframe attaching bolts. Its easy to find them just look at the IRS from under the car, the 12mm bolt(s) is what attaches the lower IRS subframe to the car body on the left and right sides. They are next to the mufflers on each side. All mustangs came with 12mm bolts from the factory. 14mm fit better but they take some work to get in, infact I couldnt get my replacement 14mm bolts to even fit in the stock bushing, they do however fit in the MM polyurethane subframe bushings I installed. hth 2881

CanuckCobra

Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
The bolts he is talking about are the forward IRS subframe attaching bolts. Its easy to find them just look at the IRS from under the car, the 12mm bolt(s) is what attaches the lower IRS subframe to the car body on the left and right sides. They are next to the mufflers on each side. All mustangs came with 12mm bolts from the factory. 14mm fit better but they take some work to get in, infact I couldnt get my replacement 14mm bolts to even fit in the stock bushing, they do however fit in the MM polyurethane subframe bushings I installed. hth 2881

Thanks I'll have a look later..

M.

UCBeau

i was just about to post a thread about rear suspensions. mine now feels like i have a solid axle out back. the rear flies to one side or another over every bump. plus it sounds like theres a bunch of rattling change back there. i'm gonna jack it up tonight and see if anything is loose.

Users who are viewing this thread