Rear speaker amp. problem

drews01cobra

I fly really low....
Established Member
So I'm driving down the road one day, listening to some music, not maxed out on the volume because I don't do that, and my rear speakers suddenly turn off. Front speakers are working fine.

What's the problem? Is it the head unit, a connector, or the rear speaker amp.? How does an electrically challenged person figure out what's wrong?

Thanks for the assist.

wraitherlx

Established Member
see if you can duplicate the problem... what might be happening is that your amps could be clipping or the speakers are blown or on their way out which is backfeeding back into the amp causing it to clip

drews01cobra

I fly really low....
Established Member
I understand clipping as cutting out, i.e. sometimes playing, mostly not. Both rear speakers went out at the same time and have not come back on for some time now. Either power isn't getting back to the rear amp., the amp. blew, or the head unit is no longer sending the signal to the amp. Sorry I didn't put that in my original post. Brain fart...

wraitherlx

Established Member
on the back of your radio there are 2 plugs. one big one for the power and speakers and then a small one for the subs. check that connection and see what happens. i cant remember when I was an installer if there are fuses for them or not but check them anyway.

drews01cobra

I fly really low....
Established Member
on the back of your radio there are 2 plugs. one big one for the power and speakers and then a small one for the subs. check that connection and see what happens. i cant remember when I was an installer if there are fuses for them or not but check them anyway.

Thanks. I hope it's just unplugged. I'm removing my shifter to drop the tranny this week so I'll get in there and make sure the plugs are connected and the wires are okay.

Users who are viewing this thread