rear shock question

97svtman

Established Member
It might be a stupid question but if im wrong just let me know im about to order struts and shocks and lowering springs. in the rear It appears our cobras have four shocks. does the new shock and strut kit come with four shocks or two shocks. :shrug:

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
Our rears have 2 standard shocks and a set of quad shocks. When you order new shocks it will be to replace the 2 standard shocks.

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
You will not need to buy new quad shocks. They are there from the factory to control wheel hop. Some people remove them and say there are no problems and some swear by leaving them in. It is just a personal preference.

97svtman

Established Member
thanks what do you think of tokico hp and eibach sportline springs with isolators. and lower ball joints. also waiting on 03 cobra heads to come out of the machine shop so i can start my c-swap with some nitrous... cant wait ill post lots of pics.

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
thanks what do you think of tokico hp and eibach sportline springs with isolators. and lower ball joints. also waiting on 03 cobra heads to come out of the machine shop so i can start my c-swap with some nitrous... cant wait ill post lots of pics.

Tokico hp's are a decent shock/strut for the money. If you have the cash I would get Koni yellows or Bilsteins for ride quality. If you are going to do a lot of drag racing I would look into an adjustable shock/strut set. I have the Eibach Sportlines on my car and I like them. I would get Steeda X2 balljoints, and poly a arm bushings if needed, or you could get 03/04 cobra a arms, but they have gotten a little pricey here lately.

97svtman

Established Member
ill look into the koni yellows but no drag racing in the cars future just fun cruising. thanks for input do you or any know what the on3 turbo kits come with as far as k-member fuel system whats in the kit.

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
ill look into the koni yellows but no drag racing in the cars future just fun cruising. thanks for input do you or any know what the on3 turbo kits come with as far as k-member fuel system whats in the kit.

I'm not sure about the ON3 kits, but you can search around on these forums and on the net and find some good info. I know a lot of people are running them now.

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
EACH KIT INCLUDES:

HOT SIDE TUBING DETAILS

- All hot parts made of 304 Stainless Steel and 16 gauge material
- Header to turbo ( 4 pipes total )
- Downpipes ( From turbo to catback, includes merge to hook up to your catback: 3 pipes)
- Each pipe coming off the manifolds pre-welded with o2 bungs
- Downpipe is pre-welded for a Wideband sensor
COLD SIDE TUBING DETAILS

- Turbo To Intercooler
- Intercooler to throttle body
- Cold parts are 304 Stainless Steel 18 Gauge
ON 3 PERFORMANCE KIT ACCESSORY LIST:

- On 3 Performance 70mm, .70ar cold/.68 hot T-4 Flanged (Master Power and Precision Options)
- On 3 Performance Laser Cut Turbo Support Bracket
- On 3 Performance 3” Core Bar and Plate Front Mount Intercooler (3” inlet and outlet)
- On 3 Performance Oval Throttle Body to 3” Round Coupler
- Stainless Steel upper/lower radiator hose (Relocated to clear the turbo)
- On 3 Performance 38mm Wastegate (Black)
- (3) Wastegate springs – 3.6, 5.8, and 8.8psi springs
- On 3 Performance 50mm Blow-off Valve (Black)
- Custom CNC bent Stainless Steel power steering cooler line
- Complete Oil feed kit from block to turbo, includes all brass fittings needed
- Complete Oil drain kit from turbo to oil pan
- All 4ply/5mm Black silicone couplers
- T-bolt clamps
- All Stainless Steel 2 ½” and 3” V-bands needed *New 8mm Bolt
- Detailed Instructions w/ Photos

*This kit will require the installation of a tubular k-member. We designed it with the QA1 and have also used AJE. The old Granatelli setups will not work, we have not tested with the new kit. We would just recommend going with one of the kits that we have already used on the car.
This kit will allow you to keep your factory accessories all in the stock locations and still drive down the road blowing cold air from the A/C and taking each turn with the comfort of power steering. Doesn’t get much better than that on top of knowing you have 500+ rear wheel horsepower and all maintain all accessories.

KEY TURBO KIT FEATURES:

- Dyno Tested and Proven Kit To Work and Virtually Double The Factory Horsepower
- Maintain Air Conditioning and Power Steering
- All 3” 304 Stainless Steel Tubing, Intercooler Piping and Downpipe
- V-band Connections On the Hotside
- Downpipe o2 Bung Welded for Wideband Use
- Both header to turbo pipes have have necessary o2 bungs welded
- Bar and Plate Intercooler
- Turbo upgrades to Master Power and Precision Available Details below
- All Hardware For Each Component Supplied In The Kit - INCLUDED
- Neatly Packaged to Make Install As Easy As Possible
- Complete Instruction Packet w/ Photos
- Look At Our Photos, Installed and On A Car
- View Video To See The Car In Action And Running
We can make the kit complete for our customers but often times customers have some of the parts already. So we sell the kit mostly complete and you can add the last few accessories if need be.
ADDITIONAL PARTS TO COMPLETE THE INSTALL:

- QA1 Kmember Kit including: K-Member, Tubular A-arms, and Coil-over kit $649 shipped
- On 3 Performance MAF kit (calibrated to specific injector size) $195
- Injectors: Ford Motorsport 42# Set of (8) $299 or Deka 60# Injector Set of (8) $349
- Bump Steer Kit
TURBO OPTIONS: PRECISION OR MASTER POWER UPGRADE PRICES:

- 70mm Master Power Turbo is $279
- 76mm Master Power $399
- 67mm Precision Cast Wheel Turbo $649
DETAILS FOR INSTALLING ON 96-8 CARS:

- The kit has not been tested on these cars and there are a few changed compared to the 99+ Cobra.
- Coil Pack Location
- Radiator Cross-over to thermostat tube
- Intercooler pipe going into the throttle body
Here is the deal, the next choice going turbo on your car is $6,000+ and this will still allow you to keep on budget. Most people will make a simple “L” bracket and move the coils to the firewall. Very simple to do and really doesn’t require any special tools besides for maybe a bench vice. We are not 100% sure yet on the lower coolant tube fitment but would just recommend to pick up one of the flexible radiator pipes. They can be had for around $40 and solve any issues with this. This is the same thing we run on the 99 Cobra as well to give more clearance and route easier. Last known issue is the angle going into the throttle body. The 96-8 come out pointing forward slightly compared to the 99+ intakes. You should be able to get it close just cutting the elbow off currently that goes to the throttle body and the couplers should allow for enough movement. If not it would just be a simple fix and maybe ½ shop hour to get that correct. Estimate around $100 to accomplish these mods and still will put you in well below the comparable $6,000+ dollar kits on the market. On top of that, its very minimal work and shouldn’t be more than a couple hours of work.
DETAILS FOR INSTALLING ON MACH 1’S:

We have had a few customers do the install and has required the front shaker bracket to just be trimmed. The AC lines run right below the turbo but just tweaking them out of the way is no problem and will your hands. We have not done the install personally at the shop but customers have confirmed and as you see, successfully managed the install.
Here is a video of the Mach 1 on the dyno: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLmtQ4nSPPI"]YouTube - ‪Single Turbo Mach1‬‏[/nomedia]
ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS OR FOR ORDERING

614-439-0057

97svtman

Established Member
thank you i want to do this kit as soon as i complete the c swap ill save for this kit

Users who are viewing this thread