rear shock idea

bluepacecar

AKA CHRIS
Established Member
not sure if anyone has done this before. since strange shocks fit our trucks size legnth and all and the rear of the mustang is somewhat close to weight to ours, why not just get 94-02 belstein rear shocks for our lowered trucks. only reason im saying is because everyone on this forum as well ass myself agree that belstein shocks work very well with our trucks but the stock belsteins would bottom out with a 3'' drop or more even with extenders.. i currently have the strange with extenders and notice that either the rear is too soft or too harsh. cant get right in between. i am currently lowered 4'' out back and 2.5 up front. running spindles up front w/o isolators so i can use the stock belsteins up front but the rear... :thumbsup:

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Nope, the answer is Rancho RS9000's. Part #'s for lowered L's are:

Front - RS999235
Rear - RS999117

No need for shock extenders.

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Good info.. I need some new shocks.. i doubt these would help with my drop tho.. LOL

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
No, these are 9 way adjustable shocks but they adjust compression and rebound equally with one knob. Turned all the way down they are very loose, all the way up they are a bit tighter than Bilsteins. I like a tight ride so I run mine on position 8 front & rear on the street. Still havent gotten my track settings figured out though because kept getting rained out at the track this summer.

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
So these would work with hotchkis leafs? and no need for shock extenders?

No, these are 9 way adjustable shocks but they adjust compression and rebound equally with one knob. Turned all the way down they are very loose, all the way up they are a bit tighter than Bilsteins. I like a tight ride so I run mine on position 8 front & rear on the street. Still havent gotten my track settings figured out though because kept getting rained out at the track this summer.

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
why not QA-1's? I've been using 'em for like a year. no extenders or nothin. I do have a bit of a rake tho, so I may not be as low in the rear as you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread