Rear shock advice

c0rn_fed

Established Member
Hey guys I would like some input on rear shocks. I street my car and hit the strip too. I am still learning the car but I need to do rear shocks and lcs relocation brackets.

What do you guys think about QA1 single adjustable shocks for the gt500's? I only mention them because I can get a really good deal on them.

Blackmax

Established Member
Hey guys I would like some input on rear shocks. I street my car and hit the strip too. I am still learning the car but I need to do rear shocks and lcs relocation brackets.

What do you guys think about QA1 single adjustable shocks for the gt500's? I only mention them because I can get a really good deal on them.

The Vikings are the better shock if you plan to track race, Van sells them.

SirShaun

Established Member
My vote goes to Viking Double Adjustables.

19 positions of compression & 19 positions of rebound adjustment for a total of 361 different valving combinations

JPC has them for $325 a pair.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member

They work ok, but they are a compromise between a double adjustable drag shock and a street shock. My car is a lot more street than strip, and this year will likely be my last passes down the strip after getting my car tuned again. I will be going with Bilsteins or Strange adjustable in all four corners for street only duty. The QA1s dampen ok, but they are not as precise as Bilsteins control wise. And in cooler weather, you can actually hear the shock fluid transferring inside the tube during rebound... not really a big deal, but odd sounding inside the cabin.

Check out BMR and Maximum Motorsports LCA relo brackets... they are both quality pieces that you can bolt on.

Users who are viewing this thread