Rear Seat Removal??

Sonic03svt

Established Member
This might be a retarded question, but I'm having trouble getting the rear seat out of my car...is there some sort of a trick??

I have to remove my stereo system and all of the wiring is ran under the rear seat and it's kicking my a$$...

Can anyone help??

TIMS93GT

Established Member
In the center of each seat at the bottom there is a pin you have to push in. There is two pins in the rear seat. Take a flat head screw driver and push them in and the seat will pop up.

Edit: Here is a picture!
Slide a flat head screw driver between the floor and the seat at aproximately this area marked in red and there is a pin you push in to release the seat.

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
More detailed pictures taken from Dano's webpage, a member on this site...

seat3.jpg

seat1.jpg

69Mach1351w

Established Member
is there anyone out there that makes a fold down rear seat kit for our cars. It may sound stupid, but like in my old mach 1 i can fold the seats down for a real clean look. Then if needed flip up for passengers. I can always slap on a lower pulley to compensate for a little weight gain.

69Mach1351w

Established Member
how do you simply fold down the seats.

I have a vert, and see no pins or anything to pull to fold down the rear seat back. In my Mach, the seat folds, into almost a bed. It consists of 3 pieces that are almost hinged, alowing them to "accordian" like , and lay flat over the rear seat cushins.

Users who are viewing this thread