Rear Seat Delete

redline5.0

Established Member
Who makes the best rear seat delete? By best I mean fit/finish and lightest. So far I have found mmr makes a rear seat delete and american muscle has one as well. Also rearseatdelete.com has a abs plastic one covered in carpet and also still has the bottoms where you can toss small things in. Is anyone running any of these? I would guess the rearseatdelete.com one is the lightest because of the abs plastic but idk.

http://www.rearseatdelete.com/mustangcoupe05.html
http://www.americanmuscle.com/seat-delete-kit-05.html
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/RSD-2005H-BLK/Mustang-Coupe-Rear-Seat-Delete-Black mmr one.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
^^^ $459 is a good price??? Everything Watson racing sells seems twice the price of everyone else... I thought the one from rearseatdelete.com looked pretty good...

Rdrcr

Established Member
^^^^
I have the MMR version, which, I don't recommend. The fitment and quality could be much better.
Unfortunately, I didn't weigh the parts but, I'd suspect that it saves around 20-30lbs.

Mike

redline5.0

Established Member
^^^^
I have the MMR version, which, I don't recommend. The fitment and quality could be much better.
Unfortunately, I didn't weigh the parts but, I'd suspect that it saves around 20-30lbs.

Mike

About what I expected out of mmr.

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
^^^ I agree, the Laguna seca looks awesome. If I decide to do this I might spend the extra on that one, the rear seat delete.com doesn't look bad either, that's the "cheaper" option I would do

Laguna seca rear seat delete with corbeau or similar seats with harness bar would be the plan for me. Good weight savings and looks good at the same time.

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
Its expensive for sure, but I know it would be OEM quality, I don't want to spend 200 on something that will look cheap and just thrown back there to gut the car

DTL

Established Member
I looked at every delete kit I could find, trying to find something that I thought wouldn't look cheap in the car. I ended up biting the bullet and getting the factory Laguna Seca kit. It was well worth it. The fit and finish are what you'd expect from a factory part and it looks awesome. I trolled around and found one, shipped to my door, for under $1000.

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
^^ that's what I would expect being all ford parts, OEM quality being worth the extra cash in my mind... Post some pics of yours if you don't mind

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Id make my own before I spent that kind of money on something that doesn't really do much... Just sayin'

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
^^ of course you can make one for cheaper. Probably less than $75 in materials. But it will not look OEM and will look like exactly what it is, carpet over 2 pieces of ply wood.

I think the Laguna seca is very expensive and definitely not something most people would do for the price with not much performance gain.

But for me, if I do it at all, it would be the Laguna seca because it looks good, all the others just look cheap and the price is too much for how bad it looks in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread