Rear Seat Delete + Subs

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
Just finished up my rear seat delete and sub install a few days ago. They are 2 10" subs with a 1100 watt amp. The total weight is around 70 lbs so I probably gained 40lbs over the rear seats. Some people told me I was wasting my time with the Mach 460 and stock head unit, pretty much saying that I was an idiot, but it sounds amazing. I don't see how anyone would need anything that hit harder in a small car like this. Also I couldn't justify spending upwards of $700 for new speakers and a head unit. Total cost of this project :$185 and quite a few man hours.
I still need to find a piece of foam to close the gap on top. The wires look like less of a mess now.
Also it is removable in under 3 minutes which is what I was looking for.

IMG_0106.jpg

Last edited:

RedDemon91

Established Member
First I thought it was the Sony Xplodes and was like :nonono: but then I saw they weren't and was like :thumbsup:

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
These subs are not of high quality but they were free. (friend who I need to pay for the time he put into this project) I don't think I would even be able to tell the difference between good subs since these hit clean.

BrokeFourSix

Established Member
lol..that looks like crap!! to each there own tho! Im in no way a hater...i have a full system in my car that clowns on most bad ass setups...in a traditional box in the trunk!

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
Camera isn't doing it any justice. Colors are horribly represented by an iphone with flash.
I attend HPDE events at TWS and autocross events with my school's car club so it is very nice that I can remove this easily and shed the weight of the seats within 3 minutes.

20redfire03

Established Member
I had 2 Volfenhag 15s as my first system in my ZX3 when I didnt know anything at all about systems and they did fairly well till I blew one. Nothing like german subs haha

Amazongt

AKA maxstang AKA max97v6
Established Member
Drill holes on the base of the RSD, run wires through holes, profit. I like the idea of having your whole sound system visible though. That way, when somebody looks through your window and finds $100 worth of woofers and amps he wont bother breaking your window to get it.

Red10thcv

Established Member
Drill holes on the base of the RSD, run wires through holes, profit. I like the idea of having your whole sound system visible though. That way, when somebody looks through your window and finds $100 worth of woofers and amps he wont bother breaking your window to get it.

Had to have some marroon color for the car in Aggieland.;-)Gig'em!

LeadFarmer

Established Member
lol..that looks like crap!! to each there own tho! Im in no way a hater...i have a full system in my car that clowns on most bad ass setups...in a traditional box in the trunk!

sorry to burst your bubble, but yeh you are lol. I've been in the car and honestly wasn't expecting much from the subs initially, but after hearing them in person I like them alot, so much so that I plan on getting a set for myself. Honestly I wouldn't delete my own rear seats and set the subs up in that particular way in which others could seem them, but the uniquness of the setup makes it stand out, so I like it.

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
I like your idea but I think I will try my luck for a bit. The rear and box are not bolted in, just wedged in through the trunk so it cant be taken out without unscrewing the wedges in the trunk and then sliding it out through the cabin but if they have a drill then they can get the actual subs out easily like most systems. I really really like your determent idea.
Why didn't you mount the amp in the trunk?

Thought about it but I didn't want to risk stuff hitting it. I will shield it with a towel when I park in random parking lots. I rarely park anywhere besides my garage at my house and the parking lot at school which I consider safe. Plus I really like the way it's visible.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I don't like the amp wires showing and someone already posted you should run under the RSD base. The subs look nice in the location, but it lets everyone know what you have.

I'd put the amp in the trunk too like another guy mentioned. I dont' see your trunk heating up to the point where it would damage the amp, but in the passenger compartment it would have a/c or open windows to help it stay cool.

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
I don't like the amp wires showing and someone already posted you should run under the RSD base. The subs look nice in the location, but it lets everyone know what you have.

I'd put the amp in the trunk too like another guy mentioned. I dont' see your trunk heating up to the point where it would damage the amp, but in the passenger compartment it would have a/c or open windows to help it stay cool.

I'm really starting to like the idea of drilling holes for the wires. I have to make one more trip to College Station to move the rest of my stuff and an event at TWS so I think I will keep the amp where it is for now then make a change afterwards.
There is a lot of security on campus and I honestly trust most everyone there. I either spend my time at home or on campus. Mech Engr major = an absence of social life.:read:

Jefe

Established Member
How is the piece mounted? Any pics uninstalled?

Users who are viewing this thread