rear pop TSB?

adonis

Established Member
I did a search on the rear end popping TSB, but the link in the past threads is non-existant. Can someone post this TSB?
Here's all the info I have
"TSB ARticle #03-9-5 issued 04/29/03"

Thanks,
Andy

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by adonis
Yep, that's the thread I found, but you'll notice the link in the first post is broken. I'm looking for the torque specs in the TSB. I'd rather do it myself than take it to the dealership.

-Andy
Check the 4th thread.

adonis

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Check the 4th thread.

Are you refering to the link in the 4th thread? It's a broken link. I'm trying to find the procedure and torque specs for performing the TSB.

-Andy

03DOHC

Established Member

Poison_S

Established Member
Re-torque IRS Fasteners

I had this TSB done to my Cobra today.

I was suprised to notice that not only did the "pop" stop, but the clunking noises from the drivetrain also stopped.

The clunking noises used to occur when the car was in fifth or sixth gear driving at constant speed, letting off and then immediately depressing the throttle again, like there was slack in the system. Now I do it and everything is quiet and solid.

:thumbsup:

Thanks to this forum for posting this TSB and providing the feedback.
:-D

adonis

Established Member
I finally got the html file by using wget. I think the % was confusing my browser. I always got a "404 file not found" when I clicked the link. One problem solved. Now does anybody have the pdf version?

Thanks,
Andy

adonis

Established Member
Also, I've noticed some unsavory noises from the rear end when braking. Try it by rolling along slowly, 10MPH or so. Then hit the breaks HARD. I hear a thunk-thunk. One thunk when I get on the breaks and another when the car comes to a stop and the suspension unstresses. This is more disturbing to me than the pop. I can explain away the pop as a sway bar binding when on an unlevel surface. This thunk-thunk is with all tires on a flat surface. Is my rear end loose and going to fall out!!!! I think no more driving until I get under it and check all the bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread