Rear only lowering springs??

NJSP117

Established Member
Guys, I have a set of FRPP lowering springs for my Boss. I'm considering just lowering the rear for now to even out the stance. Has anyone else done this? Any reason that you know of NOT to only lower the rear?
Primarily street driven right now....
Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Established Member
I am also curious about this. I cut 1 coil off of the rear of my 06 GT and it dropped to almost even, I haven't detected any ill changes, I did install an adjustable panhard bar at the same time. The Boss handles and rides so well I am reluctant to mess with it.

cobra1718

Established Member
When I first got my car I put only rear Steeda boss springs made the car look much better. I wanted lower and finally bought the Eibach which are on the car now

four-walling

Established Member
I used the Ford Racing rear springs only on my Boss.

b6a70834-58e9-43e0-aebf-f7c467763c73_zps8c4f34c9.jpg

four-walling

Established Member
I have not had much time in the car since the rear springs were installed. I will say that the rear springs do react in a firm way to small raised bumps in the road, like potholes that have been filled.

You also need to replace the bump stops with the M5570 model. I also had the adjustable Ford M4264A adjustable panhard rod installed to center the wheels. If you look at the Boss from the rear, the wheels are slightly centered to the left of the vehicle.

HREA10_zps9bd48471.jpg

Here is a "before" pic:

prelower_zps8cdec0e2.jpg

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
I did the rear only FRPP-P springs. Evened out the stance and ride quality was the same.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I agree the space in the rear wheel well is way to large, but if you look at the stance of the car not taking that space into consideration.. it looks good with the rake imo. So I would want to lower it some but try to keep the rake.

Vista6019

Established Member
I first installed the rear Steeda Boss springs and it made a big difference...I then later installed the fronts. No issues

NJSP117

Established Member
I did just the rears this weekend with the FRPP springs and it doesn't look bad at all. Ride isn't changed much. I do also like the raked look, so I plan on doing the fronts as well in the next week or so.....but so far so good. A little stiffer, but not too much and overall the look is much improved.

Users who are viewing this thread