Rear Hanger Install

donovanl1685

Established Member
Hey Guys, I bought the belltech 3/4 and I feel like I can do everything but I dont wanna mess with the hangers, do you know what a shop should charge for the install of just the hangers? Also for you central FL guys do you know of a shop? Thanks!

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
Just for the hanger install, it should be @ $100.00-$125.00. I know generally on doing the front coils and rear hangers it would be @ $250.00-$300.00. But I guess every shop is different. Time to do the hangers should be @ 1 hour. If it's an 03 or 04 L, you may want to consider removing a leaf or two. Hope this help ya. Mick....

SVTxXxFreak6

TSAFE MOTHER****ER
Established Member
I was quoted $280 from Steeda; which didn't seem that bad. A lot of shops I've contacted down here have stopped doing shop work or never answer. lol

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Can this be done in your own garage? I'm looking to do the same thing soon, but really dont want to pay someone if I can do myself... sorry for the hijack, but I posted about this a few weeks ago too, the more info the better.. :thumbsup:

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
Do you have any tools??? like drill, drill bits, angle grinder, BIG Hammer, center punch, a torch??? all these tools are very handy for the hanger install

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
Can this be done in your own garage? I'm looking to do the same thing soon, but really dont want to pay someone if I can do myself... sorry for the hijack, but I posted about this a few weeks ago too, the more info the better.. :thumbsup:

Heck yeah it can be done in a garage, or even outside if the weather is nice. I tore down the front and rear of mine in less then two hours. When I had to go back and reinstall my isolators on the front coils I had them back on the coils in 15 mins each side. And yes, the right tools are a MUST for some jobs! Also kinda helps when you do this kind of stuff for a living.....:D

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
Hey Guys, I bought the belltech 3/4 and I feel like I can do everything but I dont wanna mess with the hangers, do you know what a shop should charge for the install of just the hangers? Also for you central FL guys do you know of a shop? Thanks!
If you live near Winter Park, PM me for the name of the shop that helped me to do my hangers. But the job took more like about 3.5 hours.
I don't see anyone doing it in much less time, unless they're just hackers who don't have the time to care for all details needed to do a clean job.

Last edited:

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
If you live near Winter Park, PM me for the name of the shop that helped me to do my hangers. But the job took more like about 3.5 hours.
I don't see anyone doing it in much less time, unless they're just hackers who don't have the time to care for all details needed to do a clean job.

I can't speak for everyone, but if you know what you are doing and do this kinda stuff for a living, then it's a cake walk. And the attention to detail is there too. Loctite, marking nuts/bolts, spray painting any areas that need to be addressed, going back and double checking things, etc. is how I work and that's why the job took me less than 3.5 hours. Like I said, folks that have been doing it for a while can get the job done efficiently and correctly, all in a timely manner. A torch needs to be used only to heat things up, not to remove anything also. And when I removed the IFS junk from my other truck, I didn't "hack" anything bro, and I'm not going to starting "hacking" away on my L, or anyone else's ride either. Later......:beer:

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
I can't speak for everyone, but if you know what you are doing and do this kinda stuff for a living, then it's a cake walk. And the attention to detail is there too. Loctite, marking nuts/bolts, spray painting any areas that need to be addressed, going back and double checking things, etc. is how I work and that's why the job took me less than 3.5 hours. Like I said, folks that have been doing it for a while can get the job done efficiently and correctly, all in a timely manner. A torch needs to be used only to heat things up, not to remove anything also. And when I removed the IFS junk from my other truck, I didn't "hack" anything bro, and I'm not going to starting "hacking" away on my L, or anyone else's ride either. Later......:beer:
So you gonna' offer to do the op's hanger job for an hour's worth of labor? :poke:

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
So you gonna' offer to do the op's hanger job for an hour's worth of labor? :poke:

Heck yeah, I would help a fellow L owner out with no problem. The only problem I can see is he's a right good ways away from VA so the cost of that savings versus the fuel he would consume. Not feasible for him. But my lending hand/garage is always open.:beer:

donovanl1685

Established Member
Lol thanks guys! Yeah I did the drop today and boy was it a pain in the rear,But I love the new stance. Thanks guys for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread