rear end

svTx01

Established Member
Hey guys its been awhile since I posted, but I could use some help. I have alot of rattling coming for the rear end and if i hit a pot hole it feels like the ass end of the car wants to come around. The car has about 106,000 miles. I do have plans for some springs and shocks, but is it normal wear and tear for an irs? Whats else do you think would cause this problem. Thanks for yalls help.

Miette

Established Member
I had something similar happen on my 50K mile 99 Cobra recently. The car was almost uncontrollable under acceleration or going over bumps. A stretch of really cold weather knocked one of the rear tires down almost 10 PSI in a matter of days. You couldn't see it if you just looked at the tires, but the loss of driveability was profound. As soon as I evened up the pressure the problems vanished. I used to own a 90 RX-7 which also had an IRS and it always had issues if the tires were more than a few PSI different in the rear, it handled terribly. Even in the summer it felt like I was driving on ice when this mismatch would crop up. Just a small squirt of Fix-a-Flat to seal the tire to the rim fixed the issue on both cars.

I hope that's what your car is doing since it's an easy fix.

Users who are viewing this thread