Rear end upgrade

snakedoctor

Established Member
My reared has gone out on me for the 2nd time since I bought the car new. I am going to try to make it as bulletproof as possible now. I'm thinking about putting a tru trac center section. Can anyone recommend some half shafts? I see that the level 2 and 5 say not for street use...How much truth is it to that?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Do they say why they're not for street use? What do you use the car for? How do you drive it? I think over the years it's been proven the stockers are plenty strong for 90% of us. Wheel hop is what seems to kill them the most. And that will kill aftermarket shafts as well.

03venomdsg

Established Member
I just got a wavetrac put in this year just got through the break in and have done a few launches so far. Highly recommend the Ford racing diff cover if you don't already have one. I run G force outlaw half shafts ran them for over 2 years now with no complaints. As said above mitigating wheel hop is very important. I'd make sure you have done the full irs bushing kit and this year i did the solid diff mounts from MM. Have to get a specifically milled FRPP diff cover but I do feel that it helped solidify the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread