Rear end upgrade

BMT40

Established Member
I planning to beef up my rear before something breaks. I am currently at 675/631 at the wheels(plan to go up from there) with suspension, RXT, aluminum DS(mods in sig), and run Hoosier 28x10x17 slicks. I am worried about something giving out in the stock rear. I was Planning to do the following...

Eaton detroit Tru-Trac diff PN# 1913a561
Moser axles PN# mos - A883105
FRPP ring and pionion PN# m-4209-88373
FRPP girdle PN# m-4033-G2
FRPP ring & pinion install kit PN# m-4210-132
FRPP bearings PN# m-1225-B1
ARP wheel studs(x2) PN# arp-100-7723
Amsoil 75W-140(3x)
Amsoil Friction Modfier

Is there anything that I am missing, don't need, or should change?

I also looked on Strange Engineering's site for axles and they only offer ones for 05-10' are the 11' axles different?

The Tru-Trac on Summit says 87'-10' but on Lethal's site it is listed as 07'-12' gt500

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Won't need friction modifier with tru trac and if you plan to racecregularly and add more power, consider going with the 33 spline TT and axles. I have them with Mosers and 9" ends with stock ABS and brakes.
Holding up fine.
-J

BMT40

Established Member
To go 33 spline I would just need a 33 spline tru trac and 33 spline axles without further modification?

Forgive my ignorance, but what are 9" ends?

Last edited:

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
I would recommend welding your axle tubes. One of mine popped out the last time at the drag strip. I myself have been on the quest to beef up my rear end this winter. I had a Swarr Bar installed (and welded in place) as well. Will also be testing out the Strange 31 spline axles with c-clip eliminators next Friday. A few trips ago, I also broke the stock UCA so I went and replaced both the UCA and LCA (the rest of my mods are in my sig). Although I'm at 600 whp, I've been running DRs so I think that is putting a lot of extra stress on the car.

Snoopy49

Established Member
You should also consider replacing the collapsible pinion spacer with a solid spacer and shims.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Forgive my ignorance, but what are 9" ends?
The 9" uses a axle bearing retainer, as opposed to c-clips like the 8.8. If you break an axle between the differential and the bearing, it won't exit the housing like a c-clip can do. 9" ends weld that same retainer in place.

SilverGTvert

Established Member
The ABS rings need to be machined to fit in the larger 33 spline axles. If you order the kit directly for Moser the come ready to go with the abs ring already installed on the axles. The 33 spline True Trac is the way to go as its considerably stronger than the 31 spline version. 9" ends and weld the axles tubes. A solid spacer instead of a crush sleeve if the cars sees any time at the strip.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread