rear end swap questions. 03 gt rear into my 04 mach rear

bullitt784

Established Member
hey guys, so i'm going to have my stock '04 mach rear end swapped for a 31 spline built rear end out of a '03 gt.

mine = stock
his = yukon 31 spline carrier, moser axles, welded axle tubes, frpp 4.10s, steeda UCAs, steeda LCAs

i already have a shop to do it but what parts should i retain on my rear? what are the differences between the brakes between the mach and gt? should i keep my brakes or just do the complete swap. thanks!

EVO-lution

Established Member
GT rear brakes are babies. The Mach's rear brakes I think are a similar size to the GT fronts(someone correct me if im wrong). I would keep your stockers on there.

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
hey guys, so i'm going to have my stock '04 mach rear end swapped for a 31 spline built rear end out of a '03 gt.

mine = stock
his = yukon 31 spline carrier, moser axles, welded axle tubes, frpp 4.10s, steeda UCAs, steeda LCAs

i already have a shop to do it but what parts should i retain on my rear? what are the differences between the brakes between the mach and gt? should i keep my brakes or just do the complete swap. thanks!

what wheel setup/setup's are you looking to run on this rear-end?

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
GT rear brakes are babies. The Mach's rear brakes I think are a similar size to the GT fronts(someone correct me if im wrong). I would keep your stockers on there.

you are correct. the gt's have smaller brakes than the mach 1's. and depending on wheel setup's, clearance issues, it may be a better move to run the gt brakes than the mach 1 brakes.

bullitt784

Established Member
i don't have anything yet, just my 18X10, 295/35s, but i'd like to get a 15 inch pro star set up for some DRs in case i ever go to the track

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
i don't have anything yet, just my 18X10, 295/35s, but i'd like to get a 15 inch pro star set up for some DRs in case i ever go to the track

then if i was you i'd stick with the mach 1 brakes.

bullitt784

Established Member
anything reason other than for stopping power? doesn't most of the braking power come from the fronts anyway? i'm thinking i'm just going to take the GT brakes and that the difference won't be that noticeable. i guess i'll find out!

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
anything reason other than for stopping power? doesn't most of the braking power come from the fronts anyway? i'm thinking i'm just going to take the GT brakes and that the difference won't be that noticeable. i guess i'll find out!

no their isn't. and yes most of it does come from the front. the gt brake swap could come in handy later on as you change drag setups. gl with the swap! :beer:

bullitt784

Established Member
thanks, hope the rear is in as good shape is advertised and i can finally get a drag radial and take it to the track

203SBvert

Established Member
sounds like a good deal to me!
I'd definitely try and swap out the brakes, but if not it's still definitely a good straight up deal!

Users who are viewing this thread