Rear end "purring"

mbreaux05

Established Member
Recently noticed my rear end is making a "purring/whine" sound when coasting at higher speeds.

I don't notice it while accelerating (could be the exhaust masking the sound), but when I let off the throttle, it's pretty loud. It will do it with the car in neutral or in gear.

It's a 2013 gt/CS with 13k miles. Has vmp supercharger on for about 200 miles...

Any ideas?

Thanks

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Recently noticed my rear end is making a "purring/whine" sound when coasting at higher speeds.

I don't notice it while accelerating (could be the exhaust masking the sound), but when I let off the throttle, it's pretty loud. It will do it with the car in neutral or in gear.

It's a 2013 gt/CS with 13k miles. Has vmp supercharger on for about 200 miles...

Any ideas?

Thanks

mbreaux05,

I recommend having your dealer take a look at this. Once you've got an appointment set up, PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll see how I can help.

Ashley

Darufe

Established Member
My 3.73 didnt do it when new...then one day on the highway it started. Was on a 500km ride back home... yeahhhh purr as you call it became worse and worse. The rear end got burning hot. Cant remember what exactly had failed I think it was a bearing really cant remember but it was a warranty fix. Id have em look at it so its documented at the very least. Just in case it does get worse and eventuqly breaks

01svtL

Established Member
Mine makes a low howl at higher speeds/steady rmp's too. If I let off the pedal, I'll still hear it for a little bit but then it goes away as the rpm's drop further. Back on the gas, and it comes up again.

Users who are viewing this thread