Rear End Oil Drip

Pure Vennom

Established Member
Well, I noticed I have a few drops of oil from my rear end that has dripped on the garage floor. I can see that it has a very small drip from the very bottom. Does this mean that I am starting to have major problems. What would you guys do.

I will take it into my dealership in a day or so but what should I expect them to do? I figure they will just drain the gear Oil, reseal and fill it again. Any insight.

What is the preferred rear end oil? I know synthetic is the best but what weight and what brand?

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I have seen a few guys reporting cracking the rear diff and or diff cover. Look real close see if you can find any cracks.

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by Pure Vennom
Well, I noticed I have a few drops of oil from my rear end that has dripped on the garage floor. I can see that it has a very small drip from the very bottom. Does this mean that I am starting to have major problems. What would you guys do.

I will take it into my dealership in a day or so but what should I expect them to do? I figure they will just drain the gear Oil, reseal and fill it again. Any insight.

What is the preferred rear end oil? I know synthetic is the best but what weight and what brand?

when mine started to drip, i took it in and all they did was tighten up the bolts and top off the diff oil.

i use Red Line products, the best, IMO

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
I had the drip & every day i'll see a drip or 2.

There is no Gasket used on the Differential Covers at all but just Silicone. The Black Crap that they use is the main issue.

So instead of going back to FORD & have them monkey around with it & possible deal with the issue again. I just went to my Performance Shop to just take care of it the right way once & for all....but thats just my opinion.

jtfx6552

Established Member

Pure Vennom

Established Member
What weight synthetic Oil and what brand sealer do you guys recommend for the 03 cobra?

Users who are viewing this thread