Rear end noise

lsp408

Established Member
Between 20 to 60 mph on very slight throttle, rear end whine. Give more throttle and noise went away. Idea?

lsp408

Established Member
Yes. It is stock with 3.73 gear. It has little bit over 13k miles.

first dealer replaced my driver rear axle due to bent axle. Around 10k miles. Then it has the carbon fiber clutch noise when turning which dealer said its normal. That noise went away after few hundred miles then noticed this noise with light throttle between 20 to 60 mph. It hasn't gotten any worse or better.

psycholx

ALWAYS STANG, SOMETIMES L
Established Member
Mine is in the shop right now for ring and pinion replacement. It would whine at about 70mph, when i release gas it went away. I could also hear it at lower speeds but not as loud. Fingers crossed..warranty fix.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Try taking it back to the dealer. Since you have on file prior issues with the rear

lsp408

Established Member
I took the car to different ford dealer who is also roush dealer and their drive line guy replaced ring and pinion. No more noise.

gtt500

Established Member
More than likely it's pinion bearings but if your rear end is not set-up properly, it will also whine.

gr850

Established Member
SVTPP here. dealer replaced ring and pinion along with pinion bearing. Good for 200 miles. This set whines worse than the first. Simply pisses me off.

gtt500

Established Member
Rear ends do not whine if properly installed. Pinion depth, back-lash, pre-load,and gear pattern are all critical to be on the money for no whine. I have done many with no whine. If you are getting whine after a few hundred miles they are doing something wrong.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Mine whined also...I'm removing them this winter for a full rear build anyhow so it will be done correctly...seems like whoever builds them for ford needs to be retrained.

Users who are viewing this thread