Rear end limits ?

D.T.R

Established Member
Well, we all know that our 8.8 31 spline rear ends are pretty stout... but just like everything, I'm sure there is a limit on how much it can handle. Does anybody know what it takes to break a 100% bone stock rear end? I'm even more interested to find out on a automatic car since they tend to be easier on the drive train, than a stickshift car is.

Post your input and what you have broken on your rear end (if anything?) at what power level. I'm interested to know.

Benchracer

Established Member
Interested as well. Thats the only part of my drivetrain that I havent upgraded....yet. Im hoping it makes it into the 9's before it goes.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
You will break the Eaton clutch pack differential with high power hard launches. Switch to a stronger differential with an aluminum cover and the 8.8" is one tough customer.

D.T.R

Established Member
You will break the Eaton clutch pack differential with high power hard launches. Switch to a stronger differential with an aluminum cover and the 8.8" is one tough customer.

you can't launch at too high of an RPM with the auto.
The 2B converter i bought is supposed to flash around 3500rpms, however I doubt I'll be able to foot brake it and hold it that high before the car starts to roll... I doubt I'll be able to launch any higher than 3k rpms... you still think it'll probably break the diff ?

Also, i guess the stock axles are good ?

Users who are viewing this thread