Rear end issue

tek302

Established Member
So i did a roll race. 2nd gear 40 roll. Did the hit good, went into 3rd and about wiped out. I have roush upper arm, bmr lowers, bmr relos on 2nd hole. Hankook v12 in 285/35 in rear.

What the heck happened??

5lho

Established Member
IMG_1857.JPG

This but without the dramatic ending? You lost traction, it happens.

So i did a roll race. 2nd gear 40 roll. Did the hit good, went into 3rd and about wiped out. I have roush upper arm, bmr lowers, bmr relos on 2nd hole. Hankook v12 in 285/35 in rear.

What the heck happened??

Vert

Established Member
I ran the v12s on my Pontiac G8 and they aren't the greatest tire for traction.
Also, are you sure you didn't hit an oil spot on the road when you went WOT.

tek302

Established Member
Well maintained highway. No oil spots. I bought the relocation brackets thinking that would greatly improve my traction. It has barely changed. It was better for a while i thought.

5lho

Established Member
Well maintained highway. No oil spots. I bought the relocation brackets thinking that would greatly improve my traction. It has barely changed. It was better for a while i thought.

Hook? With road tires on shitty street pavement? Yer dreaming. Relos really help off the dig, as do most of your suspension mods. Once the heavy initial load is off, you can spin tire pretty easily. I had pretty much the same setup as you and what I show you above happened just at the shift to fourth gear.

tek302

Established Member
Ah, thats what i had mistaken. Figured it would continue to help during shifting maybe i need to soften my front shocks to allow more weight to rear when shifting.

Im gonna see about picking up a set of 100 or 200 tread wear 305/35s

Would love mickeys but those are 600 a tire in 305 35 19

Vert

Established Member
I assume you checked your pinion angle after the relocation brackets were installed.

5lho

Established Member
The only dif between what I had and the op is that I didn't have relos. I found the Roush plus LCAs, using stock brackets, gave 1.5 60' on stock BBP springs, bars and shocks. That was certainly about as good as I was going to get on that setup.

tek302

Established Member
The reason I got relo brackets was bc my lower on tail end were angled up higher than the axle side. Thats a recipe for no traction from the hit.

Wish kelly would respond in here to give me some direction.

Should i scrap the roush upper? Or scrap the relos? Or put them back on the top hole?

KBBoss302

Established Member
I have similar modifications on my Boss (UCA&bracket, LCAs, relos, PHB, along with KW coilovers) and I can light up my 295/30/20 PSS's in 3rd gear at 55mph most of the time, unless it is a really warm day and I am on a really grippy clean stretch of asphalt.

rdplain

Established Member
The reason I got relo brackets was bc my lower on tail end were angled up higher than the axle side. Thats a recipe for no traction from the hit.

Wish kelly would respond in here to give me some direction.

Should i scrap the roush upper? Or scrap the relos? Or put them back on the top hole?

I was dealing with the same headache, until I found that thread that I posted last night. I was running the Roush UCA, Whiteline relo brackets on FRPP "P" springs. The rear end was way sketchy! I removed the relo brackets (it was the last thing i had changed) until I figured out why my car was acting that way. I ended up removing the Roush UCA and went with the Steeda adjustable arm & mount. I then put relo brackets back on, and the car has been on rails ever since.
Easiest quick fix for you, IMHO, put the LCA's back in the stock hole until you decide what you are going to change.

tek302

Established Member
Thanks man. Think im going same route.

How do you have the upper mount set? Just to where the pinion angle is level? What hole is your lcas in now?

rdplain

Established Member
Thanks man. Think im going same route.

How do you have the upper mount set? Just to where the pinion angle is level? What hole is your lcas in now?

Upper mount is in the forward hole that is the same height of the stock hole. Pinion angle is set at -2 degrees.

I ended up selling the Whiteline Relo's and getting the FRPP relo's (more adjust-ability), I have them in the top hole. The FRPP Boss springs are a bit lower than the P's that I run, so maybe the middle hole on the BMR's?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Same thing happend to me when i was on street tires. Scared the $&@: outta me. I bought dr's and it never happened again..

noldevin

Established Member
On top of your suspension tweaks you should consider a new tire, the V12s consistently score at the bottom of the max performance summer tire rankings.

5lho

Established Member
Yeah, they are the best of the budget performance tires. They ride well and are quiet but, I think the carcass is a little soft for a car of this weight and power. They were hot stuff on my old Mazdaspeed 3, limiting the torque steer and riding very well.

noldevin

Established Member
Yeah they definitely aren't a 600whp worthy tire. You should consider R888s or at the very least, an extreme performance summer tire.

Users who are viewing this thread