Rear End Build HELP....

SmelchoMG

SmelchoMG
Established Member
OK, so I have been wanting to tear into the rear of my car. I have some popping and some looseness in the rear. My short links are shot for sure and pretty sure both wheel bearings are shot too. My question is, is there a full bushing and bearing kit out there? I saw the one off of Lethal Performance (Maximum Motorsports IRS Rear Grip Package (MMRG-21). It looks like it comes with everything but I'm not sure. I don't think I need all of those shims. Does anyone know the run down of all the bushings and everything I need? I'm talking bushings, tie rods, ball joints ETC. I figured if I'm going to go through the rear I'm going to do it all. Thank you in advance and thanks for all the help. I hope I put enough info out there. :beer:

vroom

Established Member
ftbr has everything you need, great kit. I did bushings, toe links, milled fr diff cover. I have no complaints

SmelchoMG

SmelchoMG
Established Member
Thanks guys!!! I am just going to go all in on the rear. It needs work and might as well just do it all right!!! Thats what I'm tell myself and the wife lol. After the rear I'll do the front obviously. I'm going to lower it too. I was going to cut the springs but I think now i'm just goin to buy a set. If i'm going to go all out I should just do it right. Thanks again!!

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I did the full FTBR kit over this past spring in the garage and it feels awesome now! Tightened up everything. I can't believe how much better the entire car feels after the Full FTBR, front/rear bump steer and alignment.

reldla1996

Established Member
The FTBR kit for the rear is awesome, what an amazing difference. On springs, I went coil overs in the front, and just cut the rear springs. I am completely happy with the cut rear springs, absolutely no issues with them. I'd only replace the rear springs if I wanted to go stiffer, or convert to coil overs.

Users who are viewing this thread