rear end blew up

grant007

Established Member
:lol: my rear blew up last week. $2600 to get it fixed from ford. :shrug: smalltown ford dealerships suck. my only problem is they put 355 gears in instead of 327's so now my speedo/trip are off can some one send me a file for my Xcal2. i still dont know how to work this thing. :bowdown:
fred Grant :kaboom:
i love this car!!!!

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
droptopsnake01 said:
jesus christ you paid ****ing $2600 to fix it WOW.

Yeah, what exactly did they have to replace?! You coulda got a soild ( not that I'm advocating that ) for 1/4 of that money!

SSChris NY

Established Member
Looks like they upgrade his carier to a 03-04, 31 spline and also his 1/2 shafts, make sure you get the irs brace by billet flow, best of luck with it

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
SSChris NY said:
Looks like they upgrade his carier to a 03-04, 31 spline and also his 1/2 shafts, make sure you get the irs brace by billet flow, best of luck with it
ummm...01 already uses the same 31 spline carrier stocke as the 03/04 stock...can't say whether they put 03/04 halfshafts in as well, but those are cheaper than the 01 pieces...

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
blew mine out as well about a year ago..found out that it was 3.73 gears and was happy about that...they put them back in...thank god it was under warranty....$2700 the warranty paid...and then i had to get another catback cause mine got ****ed from driving. Glad you got it fixed..good luck with the new one

-Ryan

heres a pic
5.gif

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
I have around 2200.00 for my setup

04 GT Solid Rear
Moser Splines
Tokico 5 Way Illumina Shocks
Eibach Pro Kit Spring
Granatelli Upper and Lower Control Arms
And LABOR....

yeah dude, you have definitely been taken by the stealership once again

grant007

Established Member
CobraVenom01 said:
blew mine out as well about a year ago..found out that it was 3.73 gears and was happy about that...they put them back in...thank god it was under warranty....$2700 the warranty paid...and then i had to get another catback cause mine got ****ed from driving. Glad you got it fixed..good luck with the new one

-Ryan

heres a pic
5.gif

exactly what happend. was taking off from a stop. 1-2 shift. 25mph and then kaboom they replaced everything they said the bolts "unthreaded" shot one out the cover and rubbed another into the case.. :rockon: CARNAGE!!!
so everything got replaced all new stock pieces with 03 parts like the brace and gears. so now i have a new stock rear!! :kaboom:
so... :poke: anyone got a stock tune i can play with to get my speedo working right?

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
yea...i took off....racings my buddys Camaro SS....1 and 2 were fine...went to hit third...huge bang..car starts vibration so hard the rear view mirror fell off and black smoke and shit was every where...pretty crazy...glad u got it fixed

-Ryan

01yellercobra

Established Member
You should have the option in your Xcal to change what gears you're running. I believe the option menu is under the tune program. Otherwise you'll have to talk to your tuner about sending you another file.

Users who are viewing this thread