Rear diff reseal

jjscobra18

Established Member
Getting ready to reseal other than a FTBR kit :) does this list look about right? Thanks

LPW 201 8.8 IRS
Lubelocker gasket LLR-F880
(x2) ARP 6121250 bolts
Grey Ford RTV

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So your using a lubelocker gasket and rtv?

jjscobra18

Established Member
No hoping to get opinions on which one everything I have read splits it about 50/50 on what to use I meant to put a ? by the rtv.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
No hoping to get opinions on which one everything I have read splits it about 50/50 on what to use I meant to put a ? by the rtv.

Your list looks good. I just had mine installed about a week ago. I had some ford rtv and the shop asked if they could use the stuff that they've had great success with, which is permatex ultra grey rtv. I've read on here that people have had succes using both the ford TA31 and the ultra grey rtv, so I told them thats fine.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Both are good but I really like the lubelocker gasket. Of course to each his own. I personally would install locktite on the diff bolts as I have encountered them loose more than once of my vert.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
I used the ultra grey RTV and have had no issues... Its been 3 years now and no leaking (even with the BF IRS brace)

termin8rdsg

Established Member
I used the Ford TA 31 diesel sealant, works awesome! Also, make sure you have torque specs for all the pieces you are removing. I bought a 2003 Ford Mustang manual off ebay and I can pretty much do anything or troubleshoot anything on my car.

Last edited:

jjscobra18

Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys think i will probably be going with the diesel sealant and the pro series diff cover instead of the ultra. Yea the manual does help out a lot I have it as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread