Rear Diff Mount

cajun cobra

Established Member
Does anyone have a picture of the rear diff bushing you can post. I've done an extensive search and found alot of pics of the IRS but none taken where I can see the rear diff mount. I am in the process of installing Bruce's bushing kit and I am having some trouble setting the pinion angle. I can only get a max of +1 deg of pinion angle,tranny is at -3 1/2 deg.
I'm wondering if I possibly installed the rear diff mount upside down thus raised the rear of the diff.

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
The rear diff mount is in the same plane as the rear axles, that is, it doesn't have any effect on the vertical height at all. So you won't find any help for your pinion angle there. To see some pics of the bushing, try the Maximum Motorsports site, they used to have an Instructions link where you could download a PDF of most of their part installs. Look for the rear diff bushing install. Is your bushing kit adjustable? Try getting in touch with whoever sells the Bruce's kit and talk to them.

Ontariomystic

Established Member
You won't get the pinion angle perfect with Bruces kit on an 03-04 Cobra. Mine is the same. Closest I could get was with 2-2.5 also. Still much better than stock and I get no vibration or noise from the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread