Rear Diff Cover

T.Bone

Established Member
For those that didn't see the post in the Terminator section, I broke my diff cover this afternoon.

I started removing stuff so I can get to the cover, removed the cat-back, drive shafts out and the front of the diff is loose. Had to take the front loose so I could get it back into position where it belongs.

Let me know if anyone is available to assist this weekend, I was planning on working on it for a little bit tomorrow after work.

PM me for directions if you have time to assist.

Tim

FreSh03Gt

Established Member
That sucks! I have a wedding Sat and the white stripes concert on Sun. Other wise i would come out.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
T-Bone said:
...snip...

Let me know if anyone is available to assist this weekend, ...snip...

I am at Brents Sunday, available after we hang his trans. Did you get some TA31 sealer?

T.Bone

Established Member
postban said:
I am at Brents Sunday, available after we hang his trans. Did you get some TA31 sealer?

Thanks guys,

I plan on being at Brents on Sunday also, So if I haven't got it done by then we can move the beer to my place and order up more pizza.

Nope, don't have any sealer yet. Doug said you still had a tube at his place, mind if I borrow it?

Last edited by a moderator:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
T-Bone said:
...snip...
Nope, don't have any sealer yet. Doug said you still had a tube at his place, mind if I borrow it?

No problem on you using it but it has been open since January, might have gone bad.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
I'll bring the Amsoil rear end lube I told you about. You can have it cause I don't see myself changing that fluid anytime soon.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Tim, I have an extra diff cover if you need it. It will save you 40-50 bucks if you want it :thumbsup: I would show up to help out but the wife's b-day is Saturday. I'll see you at Brent's on Sunday.

Last edited:

T.Bone

Established Member
plan b said:
Tim, I have an extra diff cover if you need it. It will save you 40-50 bucks if you want it :thumbsup: I would show up to help out but the wife's b-day is Saturday. I'll see you at Brent's on Sunday.

Thanks, but Doug already picked one up for me. He delivered it before the towing company could get my car on the flat bed. :beer:

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
I have 1/2 bottle of Valvoline 75W140 and a full Ford friction modifier if you need. Priced very cheap - or trade for some wheels. :D

WhippleCharged Sonic

Established Member
MidLifeC said:
I have 1/2 bottle of Valvoline 75W140 and a full Ford friction modifier if you need. Priced very cheap - or trade for some wheels. :D

I am giving him my Amsoil lube. I don't, however have the friction modifier...didn't think you needed it.

Jpjr

Established Member
i've got friction modifier, but i don't think its much for a small bottle. the lube on the other hand, is very expensive.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Established Member
Just checked here.

CAUTION: If refilling the rear axle, first add 118 ml (4 oz) of Additive Friction Modifier C8AZ-19B546-A or equivalent meeting Ford specification EST-M2C118-A.

Check the lubricant level.
If necessary, fill the rear axle housing to the level shown with SAE 75W- 140 High Performance Rear Axle Lubricant F1TZ-19580-B or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSL-M2C192-A. The refill capacity is 1.23-1.37 liters (2.6-2.9 pints).

So, Tim your going to need the Friction Modifier. Don't think I have that, but I will check.

T.Bone

Established Member
Cobrasized said:
Any hints as to why it went on you??

Too many hard launchs at the track. :burnout: Not really sure, I got on it yesterday and the section of road is pretty bumpy. It caused the traction control to come one once, I think it stressed the cover then, and then yesterday I hammered it when the case let go.

I can't complain, I have allot of 1/4 mile passes on this car and this is the only thing that has let go on me. Glad it was there by the house and not at Milan in a couple of weeks.

MidlifeC / Jpjr
Thanks guys, I think I am all set with the lube and friction modifer thanks to Brent. I should have everything I need to put it back together unless I find something damaged when I get the rear cover off.

Postban
I'll stop by Dougs and see if the sealer is still any good, if not I will stop and get some.

All I can say is MCT Rocks! :rockon:
Tim

Rice Eatr

Established Member
I have a B-party to go to tomorrow but I may be able to help for a couple hours, depending on how far you are from me. Let me know where you live Tim.

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Jason,

I am looking for 2 stock rims, satin finish. I bought 4 used Nitto 555RII's. With a combination of stiffer sidewalls, higher rate springs, and crappy Michigan roads - the ride is pretty harsh. I need to have a set of street tires and a set of track tires.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
MidLifeC said:
Jason,

I am looking for 2 stock rims, satin finish. ...snip..

I've got two satins I will sell but I want to keep the F1's off of them. Actually have 4 but need two for the MT DRs. You can have your pick of the rims, they are all a bit scratchy. If you want the pretty ones you gotta get em moved around. Come see em, make offer

Users who are viewing this thread