Rear decklid cost???

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
Hi,
I'm wondering roughly what a new or slightly used decklid for a mustang would cost?

My reasoning for this question is because I ordered a Cobra w/ the rear spoiler. I would like to put a Cobra R spoiler on it instead. I'm just trying to see what the cost of buying a whole new decklid, mounting the Cobra R spoiler on it and having it painted to match. That way I could take off the old trunklid and store it somewhere and use the new one with the R spoiler. I'm assuming all Mustang models(V6, GT, & Cobra's) use the same deck lid.

Thanks

wildosvt

Established Member
Well if they are all the same (99-03) then you could get any year and have it painted to match.They are all fiberglass they dont rust.:bash:

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
Originally posted by wildosvt
Well if they are all the same (99-03) then you could get any year and have it painted to match.They are all fiberglass they dont rust.:bash:

Yeah but how much does one cost??? If it's under a hundred bucks, then it might be worth it.

Someone out there must have had to replace one in the last 4 years?

Last edited:

TcM-668

Decklid Cost

Per Mustangparts Specialties web site: Winder Georgia.

www.stangparts.com

99-01 decklids with spoiler, various, used: $ 150.00 + $ 35.00 freight fee and will NOT be shipped COD.

Hope that helps...

TcM-668

Not a problem, although I would search around, as I have been jacked around by MPS in the past.

When I was looking for an donor IRS for my 00 R, they had $ 1900 for a complete with exhaust, etc...when I called, they said $ 2400 for just the IRS no exhaust and that I was lucky to get brakes with it...oh well...what can you do...I got mine off of Corral.net for $ 900 complete with a set of 4.10 gears...

Try Daves Mustang Parts, new Mexico I think, and All Mustangs out of Phoenix Az for starters as well.

Good luck...

Users who are viewing this thread