Rear Decklid Advice

brian3724

Established Member
Hey guys, i posted a question about this a few months ago, but didn't really get any replies, and was hoping I could get some help. It's about the Cobra emblem on the rear driver side deck lid. Mine is cockeyed a small amount, and I have looked most of the photos of your 93's, and a lot of them appear to be a bit cockeyed as well. I bought a replacement OEM badge a week ago, and was going to have it put on by Ford, but I'm worried about doing that, and having the old one take some paint off with it. I was just hoping that some of you might have noticed it on yours, and if Ford just did some this way coming off of the assembly line. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist with my cars, as I'm sure you can tell, and just wanted some feedback. I really appreciate the help, thanks a lot!

buddha93

Established Member
It won't take any paint off if removed. With a little paitence and careful hands, it should come off without any drama.

Do you have a picture of your decklid emblem? I'd like to see how crooked it is.

WillyB93

Established Member
I don't think it looks crooked I would just leave it alone!

brian3724

Established Member
It's not off by much, just enough to bug the crap out of me. Like I said, it appears that others are like this, so I'm just assuming that when they were slapped on, that some weren't perfect. Mine has never had any body work either. even if I had it removed, I don't know the correct measurements, and can't seem to find them anywhere. The Ford paint shop I took it to told me that it probably came that way from the factory, and that they wouldn't touch it if they were me. Just wanted to see what you guys thought.

buddha93

Established Member
Well, I thought it looked slightly cocked that way also without you saying so, but I would have never picked it up had you not pointed it out. Of course I had a 50/50 shot.....lol!

If it's more obvious close up, it's up to you. Some car collectors really like these imperfections. I believe Shelby had some cars go out the door a few years ago with an exhaust mixup or something along those lines and car nuts where all over it with the thinking it made them even more rare.

Personally, I'd probably leave it.

brian3724

Established Member
I appreciate all of the advice, I think I'm just going to leave it as it is. I would like to know if any of you that have 93's with or without any previous body work have noticed the decklid badge being off at an angle, and if so, does it bother you at all? Thanks again for the help, I do appreciate it!

buddha93

Established Member
Well, neither of mine are off, so I can't say for sure.

I will say though, if it's one of those things that every time you walk by it, or you focus on it every time you look at the car, then by all means fix it. Sometimes things just bug the chit out of you until they're right.

You dont have a touch of OCD, do ya? LOL..........just messing with you!

brian3724

Established Member
Yeah, can you tell I might have a touch of OCD going on? Do any of you know the measurements where the badge is supposed to be just in case I decide to have it fixed? Thanks!

buddha93

Established Member
Yeah, can you tell I might have a touch of OCD going on? Do any of you know the measurements where the badge is supposed to be just in case I decide to have it fixed? Thanks!

I'll do you one better, and this way you can do it yourself. I'll make a templete out of lightweight cardboard and mail it to you. PM me your address. Oh, and I'll use the low-mileage car......lol!

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Definitely would leave it alone. No factory measurements exist that I'm aware of, as they were applied using a jig at the factory (just like the fender snake emblems).

Users who are viewing this thread