rear coilovers

kevin

ok all,

first thanks to bruce for his help on my rear bearing issue.

i will be putting coilovers on while i have the rear end apart.

any suggestions, tricks, etc.

i measured 28 inches from ground to the top of the wheel well at the center.

svtguy

Established Member
Maximum motorsports.

You need to match the rear shock/spring combo to your front strut/spring combo to keep the car from oversteer/understeer.

I did front and rear coilovers at the same time with the maximum motorsports race series bilstein shocks/struts.

Paul.

kevin

thanks paul

since i'm still looking for a job i'm not spending anything i don't have to (the rear hubs of course is a "have to").

i already have the rear coilovers and it seemed to make sense to do them at the same time.

i wonder how much of a problem it will be on the over/under issue.

i really only use this car for instructor evals and rides - so i never really push it too hard

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
ok all,

first thanks to bruce for his help on my rear bearing issue.

i will be putting coilovers on while i have the rear end apart.

any suggestions, tricks, etc.

i measured 28 inches from ground to the top of the wheel well at the center.

Kevin:

Once you have the coil-overs on the car you will most likely want to get the car on a set of scales. You shouldn't use the OEM sway bar end links as they allow no adjustability. Although we are out of stock on them ATM, I think I would be able to put one set of them together for you. (I'd have to check on that actually) We should have the production rod ends in at the end of the month.

Without a set of scales it will be difficult at best to optimize weight distribution. This needs to be done with the sway bar disconnected. For a good corner balance you'd preferably want to be on coil-overs at all four corners. But if you're still on factory coils on the front, that's ok, they can be converted later.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread