Rear car seat

calebnumber3

Established Member
Hey guys first post in the lightning section. I have a 2014 Gotta have it green mustang GT. I have always wanted a lightning, and am in need for something with a bed, so Iv been thinking about picking one up as a DD. It will stay mostly stock with just exhaust, and a tune. I'm not really worried about MPGs as it's a supercharged truck, and work is only 5 miles away. My main concern is if and how well a rear facing car seat will fit in the middle? I have a 5 year old that is in a booster seat that will be in the passenger seat and in march the new addition will be here. I'm wondering what people that own lightnings have to say about the seats in the truck.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I think with a rear facing seat in the middle will be tough and right on you. I've done the reg forward facing car seat in my L but not in the middle. Just remember to turn the airbag off. A harley f150 might be better.

Canadian_Bacon

Armchair Athlete
Established Member
With the booster on the end the car seat will be tight, is there hooks in the middle of bench? I don't lift up the console much.

I would also recommend a Harley, you can take the captains chairs out of the back and put in a bench.

giant22000

Established Member
I've got a rear facing car seat that I've used in my L a couple times. It is a Diono Radian RXT which is a large car seat. It fits but is definitely makes things a little cramped.

Users who are viewing this thread