Rear bumper removal help please..........

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
Can someone talk me through on the easiest way to remove the rear bumper. I want to take it to a paint shop to get it repainted. I don't want to take the whole car to the shop just for the rear bumper. I'm sure some of you guys will agree with me on that, but can someone please tell me how it's done?

I swear I searched, but nothing came up with the search function. I posted this ? here instead of the exterior section becasue I know this section gets alot more traffic. Thanks alot in advance for any help you may be ale to provide. Jason.:beer:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Have you looked at it yet?

I don't remember how many fasteners but it is very easy......took me less than 5 minutes to figure it out

plastic pushpins are used around the perimeter and there's some bolts along the back bulkhead and by the reflectors..........you'll need to remove gray trunk panels to access the bolts

Last edited:

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
You have to tear into your trunk panels but , its fairly simple if you just take your time and look carefully at all.
Frint is easy I have done that and next project will be the rear bumper as you.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I think they were all 10mm bolts and they were silver (cadmium-plated)

black plastic fasteners pull/pry out and they're all around the bottom edge

FYI, black valance is part of bumper cover

Last edited:

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
I don't have the car with me right now, so I can't look for reference, but are all the fasteners, bolts and plastic fasteners inside the trunk? Or are there fasteners of some sort underneath the car? Thanks again guys for the help. I really appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread