Rear bumper inserts?

ShadesofGrey

Established Member
I am looking to purchase some inserts for my 01. Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction price/quality wise as far as the Chrome inserts go for our bumpers. Thanks in advance.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Ive followed a cobra with the SS chrome inserts and it sucked. Liken it to having small mirrors constanly shining your headlights right back at you.

Doesnt bother you but the people behind you will cuss.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I've never heard that before, regarding complaints of headlight reflection.

I have the AM inserts, they're great quality.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've followed other cars with the SS inserts and I did have a problem with the reflection. And no one has complained to me about mine. Are your head lights adjusted correctly?

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
I was thinking of doing the Brushed Stainless Steel on my silver car...seems less flashy and wont reflect so bad.......

shurur

Established Member
As stated AM...also webextremes for build numbers if you want that in the future..

IMO you should look at black gold decals...turns gold when shined upon at night..you can also get black gold for the build number from webextremes..

Last edited:

zPipes

Established Member
Good point about showing an 01 bumper. No the 03/04 letters will not be a direct fit. They are a bit different between the two bumpers.

Heres black chrome

Mustang Cobra Black Chrome Bumper Insert Letters (96-98 & 01) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

and here is black steel

Mustang Cobra Black Steel Bumper Insert Letters (96-98 & 01) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Ive had the vinyl before, do yourself a favor and get the steel ones, they are much better looking. But if your lookin to not spend so much, here are your black vinyls

Cobra Mustang Vinyl Bumper Insert Letters (96-98 & 01) - Black at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

zPipes

Established Member
And heres what they will look like

14841-mucoblbuin9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread