Rear brake question

96whitecobra

Established Member
heres the deal i get a real bad squeek from the right rear brake. i have taken it apart and replaced the pads and the clips on the outside (sorry if it dont make sense the 2 clips on the ends ) i drive it around no issues then hit a bump and its hell all over again :fm:. so i have taken it apart atleast 3 times and put new clips on and same thing. starting to really piss me off. so my question is this has anyone experienced this before and what is the fix. thanks again.

CzchMex

Established Member
Try "bedding" in the brakes. Look that term up online and it might help. Basically you break the brakes in

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
are you sure it is in the brake? The right side bushings on the lower control arm used to do that to me! Drove me crazy till I figured it out then replaced the worn rubber bushings with Poly ones. No more squeaks.

96whitecobra

Established Member
are you sure it is in the brake? The right side bushings on the lower control arm used to do that to me! Drove me crazy till I figured it out then replaced the worn rubber bushings with Poly ones. No more squeaks.

I willl look into that i am thinking it is the brakes due to the face the noise goes away with the more pressure i put on the brakes.:shrug:

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
Try chamfering the leading edge of the pad when you have it apart as this can sometimes be an area that can create noise. Just file off the sharp leading edge of the pad and this may fix it. I had this issue on my car years ago and it helped.

Users who are viewing this thread