Really short HWY pull.........

1tufgt

Established Member

Jobe

Established Member
First impressions Are AWESOME!

NT05

The tires looked awesome and seemed very sticky to the touch, figured they would only get stickier as the tire got warmer. I couldn’t wait to have them put on as I was currently rocking some Sumitomo’s and lets just say they left a lot on the table to be desired.

I had them installed on my car on Friday April 24th 2009. It was like night and day difference from the Sumitomos, it was love at first drive I would almost think. The car felt like it was attached to the ground and the car was so much more responsive. I drove the car well over 100 miles that weekend and on that Sunday I knew I had a hell of a tire on my car at that point. Nitto’s website stated that the car would have a lot of road noise but my finding was just the opposite. I found them rather quiet, I had grown accustom to the roar of the Sumitomos but I have had my fair share of tires of this mustang. In the past 4 years of owning this car I have had 2 sets of Goodyear GSD3’s, a set of Nitto NT555’s, and a set of Sumitomos. I am not the easiest of person on tires to begin with and I demand quite a bit out of them. The NT05’s delivered what I wanted.

Then came the weekend cruise with my wife by my side; my wife is the biggest critic about my mustang. She can point out issues with pinpoint accuracy; and she has no issues voicing her opinions on the matter either. We set out for the trip to Cox’s Park for a local LouisvilleMustangs.net meeting which would be about a 20 mile trip each way for us. The tires did not let me down, my wife even commented on how there was less road noise and how the care felt like it was holding the ground nicely. This pretty much throttled me as she normally frowns on my car endeavors but not this one. The day went stunningly it was gorgeous outside and when we arrived there were other enthusiasts waiting. We stayed for a few hours talking this and that with my fellow enthusiasts. Then it was time to leave; as we left I dropped the hammer a bit on the car and it did not spin it just bit the pavement. I was ecstatic about this and was smiling ear to ear

1 Week later
After 1 week of having the NT-05’s on my car and daily driving the car nearly 25 miles each way I have to say I am still very happy with these tires. My car has all kinds of issues in the rain and for the most part I have always tried to avoid driving in the rain. Just so happens I was caught out in a thunderstorm, I decided to give the NT05’s a try in the rain; Needless to say I no longer fear driving in the rain with this car. The tires dissipated the water perfectly and I had control of my car 100% of the time which was something I was not accustom to after my less then stellar tires before hand. Puddles were no issue, gravel was no issue, the tires really started to impress me at this point.

2 Weeks Later
I have now had the NT05’s on my car for 2 weeks. My daily routine of driving to my parents to drop my son off, then to work, then back to my parents to pick my son up and then finally home have racked up almost 300 miles on the tires all together. I am still very happy with them, It’s a good thing to be able to trust your tires to not let you down no matter what and so far I have yet to find a condition that these falter in. The NT05’s have woken my car up from the slumber that the Sumitomos had forced it into due to not being able to grab traction in a glue factor if their life depended on it. Once again Nitto has made a believer out of me.

Overall
I can’t say enough about the NT05’s. They perform flawlessly and look dang good doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread