Really makes you think that the stock market is rigged

blinelaxd27

Established Member
How does over a 1000 drop reverse itself on a dime like that?

Some blue chip etfs like VIG and VYM went from a bottom of 51 back to 75 in a matter of a few hours.

Some hedge fund managers picked up some real bargains!

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
I think there's been some big money on the sidelines just waiting for a significant pull back. I don't know if that's so much a concept of being rigged as it is a concept of mass numbers of forms/people having a similar strategies of buying a major dip. People have been slowly selling off for quite some time just waiting for this very moment and it will likely result in a sort of pump and dump if you will where people will take their quick profits and wait for another dip.

That said, the stock market is absolutely rigged right now...it's called quantative easing and it has rigged the market to be artificially inflated.

Last edited:

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Still lot of time left today guys. Probably going to have a good entrancement. This is what happens when you have retail panic sell and the big boys pick up the good deals. We will see how it continues though. Amazing day today for those prepared.

oldmodman

Established Member
Last night I put in a few limit orders to buy things if they got totally, insanely cheap.

The TQQQ is a leveraged fund that speculates on the NASDAQ. Well I got it and then chickened out and sold it before the market reached the highest point of it's recovery.

Banked 16,810.00, which didn't come close to correcting the other losses I have. If I had been able to see the future and sold it at the top I would have gotten another 10K.

OH well, at least I sold half of some of my other positions over the last two months, so I only lost half of what I would have. So far, 68K :mj:

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Last night I put in a few limit orders to buy things if they got totally, insanely cheap.

The TQQQ is a leveraged fund that speculates on the NASDAQ. Well I got it and then chickened out and sold it before the market reached the highest point of it's recovery.

Banked 16,810.00, which didn't come close to correcting the other losses I have. If I had been able to see the future and sold it at the top I would have gotten another 10K.

OH well, at least I sold half of some of my other positions over the last two months, so I only lost half of what I would have. So far, 68K :mj:

Sorry to hear that. You have much more macro experience than I have, what are your thoughts on what is to come? From a technical standpoint this move was coming, and with the overseas drama coupled with an artificial bubble created by low interest rates, this really might start to accelerate. That is my take at least.

jbs$

Established Member
The stock market is not rigged, it is just a tough place for an amateur to play. The pros operate on a 24 hour cycle, with world-wide info. sources, while the average do-it-your-self investor is working on, to them, old news and slow reactions. Invest with a knowledgeable professional and for the long haul and you will be happy with the results and will sleep well at night.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
The massive drop occurred on the open after a strong sell down on Friday's close. All the fear mongering over the weekend gets people lined up to sell at the open. It was in fact a easy trade for someone with a strong stomach. A friend of mine made 16k in a few hours today. COF Drops. lol.

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
How can you possibly think that it is NOT rigged? The end goal is a global financial system. Once you come to this conclusion, everything else make sense. It's by design.

This is the beginning. It is going to get MUCH worst. Do your homework, invest in foreign currency. The USD is about to go through a major revaluation as well.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Yep, Even Ford Stock went from 11.xx to 13.xx within one hour! we'll see how it goes..

I own 900 shares of ford .. should have sold it when it was at 17 since I bought a 5.80 or so

TK Doom

Established Member
If you bought that cheap, then unless you need the cash, no point to get out. IMO, its a good dividend stock...I think I own like 2200 shares most bought at 4, then some at 10...

I think its worth $30 eventually, but then I'm not selling unless I need the money.

After 15% (?) of capital gains, you'll net ~$8k.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
If you bought that cheap, then unless you need the cash, no point to get out. IMO, its a good dividend stock...I think I own like 2200 shares most bought at 4, then some at 10...

I think its worth $30 eventually, but then I'm not selling unless I need the money.

After 15% (?) of capital gains, you'll net ~$8k.

you misunderstand LOL had I sold at 17 I could have bought back in at 11 and been quite happy. I ain't letting my ford go, at least for very long

oldmodman

Established Member
Hell, if I didn't enjoy "The Game" I would just put all my money into Annaly. it's a Mortgage REIT traded under the name NLY.

I didn't buy it to make any profit. just for the dividends. Which have been running 11.28% for the last 11 years. if I threw all my money into them (wouldn't do that because what if they went belly up?) I would be making $297,783 per year. And since i only need a fraction of that to live on I would reinvest the dividends and within a few years I would be getting 500K a year in dividends.
At which point I would be dead of boredom. And self hatred for letting the Guvmint to tax me to death. Dividends are taxes as plain old income.

There are quite a few very high dividend paying reputable companies out there.

nxhappy

Established Member
It just took another shit today. I doubt we are close to bottoming out. Buckle up folks, I think the next few months are going to be ROUGH for the American economy.

Users who are viewing this thread