Really is this where we are now?

tvspower

Established Member
Actually, I think it's more like people like playing the victim for other people so they can feel morally superior to those who don't partake.

I have enough issues in my own life to solve. I don't have the time or desire to pretend to care about other people's problems, especially if I don't know them.
Exactly......
But the true survival is life long..............
Me.....Im still unable to to settle down when i see grandfathers with grandchildren alone...
I have to leave, Anger enters me like a ghost....dragon
At my age, I'm still to overprotective..... told by many ppl
True survivors see ppl hurting. Others see what they want.

CV355

_
Established Member
Assinine lawsuits is a easy fix. Just make it loser pays. That would cut down on the anybody can sue anyone over anything mess. Problem is all the law makers are usually ex lawyers so getting it done would be very hard.

I agree, but it gets to really ugly grey areas.

For instance, here's a case where loser should pay:

Connecticut woman has filed 70 lawsuits in 2 years

WFSB in CT did a story on this same woman a few years prior to this article, but I couldn't find the original. No idea how many she is up to now, but the legal system allows it.

On the other hand, I know several people who attempted to file a wrongful termination lawsuit against their employer who also denied them temporary unemployment. In one case, it was during a layoff situation that immediately resulted in others being advanced into their positions and the subsequent positions being posted for applicants (dirty move by the employer). In the other case, the terminated employee was being a whistleblower. I say "attempted" because they were advised by local attorneys that the employer could easily counter, and had a reputation of doing so and winning.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread