really good questions mach 1

mach504

Established Member
First what cold air intakes do you guys have on your machs?

Can you post a picture of your stock airbox ?

How good of a pickup will I get if I get a CAI to go along with my off road x pipe magnflow exhaust an tune it all finally with a bama tuner

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I had a K&N fipk on mine with an intake spacer, bassani catted mix, steeda catback and it made something like 310/325 on VMPs dyno

MachJoe98

Make it Bacon
Established Member
I would skip the cold air intake. The only reason I have one on my Mach is that it came with the car (its a K&N). Personally I have found that cold air intakes hurt performance in day to day driving due to extremely high intake air temps from underhood air. There are cold air intakes that pull air from the fender, but once again I couldnt justify the cost over the stock air intake assembly. If youre looking for more power or acceleration, I would put those 250-300 bucks towards some gears.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
im rocking stock airbox right now. i have a JLT Carbon Fiber ram air in my basement that will go on with the wrinkle blue valve covers. i dont know how much of a performance gain i will see from it but i am doing pretty much just for looks

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
I am running the stock air intake with a drop in K&N filter. I have removed the air silencer from the air box as well. I don't see the point of spending money on a CAI.

Shakin4v

Established Member
I have a JLT CAI in my mach, ill be honest I didnt see much of a gain from a K&N drop-in filter, saw no MPG gains...maybe if I had some kind of forced induction id see more gains but from an NA stand point I didnt see shit lol id honestly take it out and sell it if my girlfriend hadnt bought it for me

Users who are viewing this thread