Really Considering a 2007 Shelby

fleshmcfilth123

Established Member
I'm looking for some advice however. I found a 2007 car, 58000 miles, clean Carfax, 3 owners and. It's a pretty-much-stock black Convertible with Tungsten rocker stripes, no over the top stripes, black/red interior, black top. Pulling the window sticker shows an original MSRP of $49690. The car looks good and only has a few imperfections. It has the Shaker 1000 and "premier trim package".

Does anyone know exactly what the premier trim package was?

Are there any specific issues I should look for? The clutch feels heavy and chatters slightly on take off making me believe it may be aftermarket. I know this was an issue but I figure if the car has gone 58k the clutch works.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Get the Vin # and any Ford Dealer can run you a Free "Oasis" Report. This will give you a full Ford history on the car...Get it before you consider buying.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm looking for some advice however. I found a 2007 car, 58000 miles, clean Carfax, 3 owners and. It's a pretty-much-stock black Convertible with Tungsten rocker stripes, no over the top stripes, black/red interior, black top. Pulling the window sticker shows an original MSRP of $49690. The car looks good and only has a few imperfections. It has the Shaker 1000 and "premier trim package".

Does anyone know exactly what the premier trim package was?

Are there any specific issues I should look for? The clutch feels heavy and chatters slightly on take off making me believe it may be aftermarket. I know this was an issue but I figure if the car has gone 58k the clutch works.

Ford Clutches on an 07-09 have notoriously gone bad early in the car's life. I can't tell you how many GT500 owners I talk to and tell me they have a dead clutch at about 20K or even less. At 58K, I'd take the odds that it's an aftermarket clutch.

Good luck on your search though, if there's anything we can help with, especially after you make the purchase, let us know!

John

Blaine

Established Member
Dont' pay over 33k for that. If a penny more walk. There are pristine 07 Verts with only 8k miles on Ebay now listed for around 36k. They have been listed for a LONG time so you could probably pick those up for about 34k. (I've been watching the market for months now.) Just my .02 cents.

07 GT500 VERT with 8k miles would be my choice. No worrys and its practally show room new.

Last edited:

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
I have that exact car. If you can, find one with less miles. They are out there. The premium trim pkg. Is the red interior accents I think. Mine has the same....

SuperFly03

Established Member
Ford Clutches on an 07-09 have notoriously gone bad early in the car's life. I can't tell you how many GT500 owners I talk to and tell me they have a dead clutch at about 20K or even less. At 58K, I'd take the odds that it's an aftermarket clutch.

Good luck on your search though, if there's anything we can help with, especially after you make the purchase, let us know!

John

Mine gave at 14k in my '07. Then again I drove it daily in bumper to bumper Houston traffic.

Not good.

fleshmcfilth123

Established Member
I wouldn't give more than $27k for that, even then I would have a hard time not buying a built Terminator.

That's where we're at on it. I have been looking for a Terminator but I'm really picky and want a Mystichrome vert and they're all $25 grand. I'd rather spend a few bucks more for a Shelby.

I will call my buddy over at Ford and have him run an Oasis check. Thanks for that tip.

Users who are viewing this thread