Real Wheel Bearing Issues?

mtgt350

Has anyone had any unwarranted issues in their rear wheel bearings? I'm getting one replaced because it was extremely loose. My GT350 has just over 2k miles, I haven't tracked it, I've taken it pretty easy so far. I can't think of anything that could have caused this.

I had it serviced and had tire patched from a nail, a day later took the car back because I was still losing some tire pressue and this is when they noticed the bearing was loose. Weird they wouldn't have noticed this the first time. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DeathvalleySC

Established Member
I have a 2016 gt350 I bought used. I have a rubbing noise in the drivers rear wheel area. At first I thought it was the brakes but after looking at the brakes realized it’s the bearings. I have to take it to the dealer to see if the will fix it under the existing warranty. Hopefully they don’t try to pull the whole you’ve modified your car no warranty trick.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

mtgt350

I have a 2016 gt350 I bought used. I have a rubbing noise in the drivers rear wheel area. At first I thought it was the brakes but after looking at the brakes realized it’s the bearings. I have to take it to the dealer to see if the will fix it under the existing warranty. Hopefully they don’t try to pull the whole you’ve modified your car no warranty trick.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Yeah hopefully they don't give you trouble. Mine is good on the warranty and they are taking care of it. Its just weird to me that a 2018 that is brand new would have a defective part like this and that it wasn't caught the first time. If I'd tracked it, or even been driving it hard this would still be surprising but the fact I've taken it so easy makes me paranoid. Thanks for the feedback, good luck with yours.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DeathvalleySC

Established Member
Mine only had 7300 miles on it when I got it. Noticed the sound about a week after I had it. So there is no telling how long it’s been like that.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread