real-life SRT10 times (yea another ram post)

UVa SVT

Established Member
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32604&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

"9 seconds" is apparently a pretty badass driver (driver of a 9 second Viper GTS) and here is his comments of his new SRT ram. thought yall'd like to see it too

-Mike

P.S. 13.5 aint bad...but trap at 104 I'm just not certain about the potential for better times. the temp/track conditions were apparently perfect. in my stock L I did 13.4@ a little over 103 and I feel that's about as good as it gets. in my camaro stock I did 13.2@105 and I feel that's pretty much as good as it got too. something tells me that if this particular truck was going to run much faster than 13.5, it would trap at least 105. just my $.02 :coolman:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Well I wonder how many well show up on Ebay for sale. Due to Gentel WEAK Lightnings schooling them.:D I hope some Big mouth:kaboom: PVO idiot shows up at the Cleveland Autoshow telling us just how bad these SRT's are. Cause I'm going to have fun with them in a malisous sort of way.:mj: :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
The other day I ran across this new website. srt10s.com
DavidN is the moderator.
I brought this to Halo's attention so we could stay on top of
our competition.
One of our members thought he start some Shit.
Untortunately DavidN was out numbered due to lack of forum
members that own Ram SRT-10's.
There're more Halo forum members than Dodge boys.
Roughly 12 of us.

All in all everything worked out well, and we're in good standings w/ this forum.
David expects his silver SRT-10 in a few weeks, and welcome the competition.
He also appreciates Halo getting the word out of their new forum.

Here's the thread just for shits & grins.:D
http://www.srt10s.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
whats a stock 02/03 lighting run with like a 2.0 60ft

looks like the ram would be doing good to run a 13.1 at maybe 105

thanks for your info

jeff

UVa SVT

Established Member
vector: to answer your question, my 03 ran a 13.4@a little over 103 with a 2.09 (~2.1) 60'. there's been lightings run ~13.3@104 with 2.0 60's.

Aaron_01

Banned
When will they learn that more hp ≠ quicker times. They weigh like 5,000lbs+, while they have the hp advantage we have the clear weight advantage. A 13.5 Q time is not impressive from a 500hp truck. If we run 13.6 with 385hp, 13.5 with 500 is simply lame

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Don't put to much faith in motor trend tests. They cant drive worth a damn. I still don't think they have gotten a cobra to brake into the twelves and people who have never raced before are doing it. Lets see what they can do when the public gets ahold of them.

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
I think the SRT-10 will be competitive.
Can't a high 13 be squeezed out of a standard cab Hemi Ram?
If this new super truck don't have at least a full second on the Hemi....something is seriously wrong.
Speaking of SRT-10's. Check out this Viper's 9 sec. run.
I'm going to RSI this morning to re-dyno my truck w/ new PSP
programs. :D
racingsolutionsinc.com

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Originally posted by WishIHadaCobra
Don't put to much faith in motor trend tests. They cant drive worth a damn. I still don't think they have gotten a cobra to brake into the twelves and people who have never raced before are doing it. Lets see what they can do when the public gets ahold of them.

You might want to read the post there buddy....the public has got a hold of it.

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
Well there are a couple in Houston and I hope at least one show up at HRP Sunday.............................:D

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
Originally posted by Silverstrike
But you don't stand a chance. It has Viper power.:rollseyes :rollseyes Smoke'em BIG for me.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
SRT-10 up against Chillfactor's L? Talking about an unfair
match-up. :lol1: I'd like to see it though.:burnout:

wally9404

Established Member
ill bet they have a lot of problems with them,notice they are rolling off the assembly line in mexico,cheap labor,cheap truck.

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
Originally posted by wally9404
ill bet they have a lot of problems with them,notice they are rolling off the assembly line in mexico,cheap labor,cheap truck.
Just think...that's the direction america is going if Bush follows
through w/ his immigration proposal!!!
Sorry, but it's true.:(

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
A high 13 out of a Hemi Ram???:nono::nono: Maybe if it had a S/C of some kind. Best i have ever seen from a Hemi reg. cab is high 14's. I'd be scared of a hemi if i had a "hemi" i was actually impressed with. Or if it was on the side of a real muscle car that we all have respect for.

As for the SRT-10. I think it a nice toy for us to play with. But how many times are we gonna have to put up with.... "i missed a gear" ???? I know the Cobra boys hear enough of that from the EVO and STI owners. Hopefully they practice those shifts before trying to see if they can beat a L. Top speed i feel is all they have the advantage on. 6-speed - V-10 should be able to get up there.

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTman75
A high 13 out of a Hemi Ram???:nono::nono: Maybe if it had a S/C of some kind. Best i have ever seen from a Hemi reg. cab is high 14's.
QUOTE]Originally posted by SVTman75
I didn't realized they were that slow. Makes you wonder why they're bragging about their Hemi:shrug:
Speaking of Hemi, Ever see the video w/ the two loosers in Hemi
Ram?

http://www.web-eleets.com/sites/cprosser/Hemi.wmv

Users who are viewing this thread