Ready to go Fast.

03lowram

Established Member
So this is my post real thread on the forum.. I was in the truck scene for along time, and finally made the switch to the Mustang world.. And I'm loving it so far! I picked up a 11' Mustang Gt, auto, w/ 14K miles on it. The car is a blast to drive just for being stock, but of course I know that will only last for so long.. I haven't ordered anything yet for it, been trying to do all the reading/research I can on these 5.0's!

Suspension: The car handles good for being stock, but of course I would like to approve it. I'll NEVER put the car on a road course, but Ill probably like to take it on a few twisty back roads some day.. And on the weekends going to car meets, some highway runs. Also I want it to have a nice low stance.. But still keep the factory comfortable ride or improve it. Been looking at the eibach springs for the car, to give it a nice stance. Opinion's?

Performance: So far the car is all stock! It moves out pretty well as of now, But of course I wanna go faster.. I've been looking at thread's on here, seems longtubes are not worth the money.. Seems like the best bet is basic bolt-on's intake, X-pipe or H-pipe, axleback set up, and Tune. Will get me a low 12 second, I know it will turn the car into a new beast.. BUT after riding in my buddies 67mm Turbo 5.0 that put down 5xxHP, that runs 11's. I'm wanting to either throw nitrous on the car 100-150 shot. Or some other kind of Force Induction. The car is my DAILY for now... I'm not sure how much the blocks can handle or the rear end.. I've seen a few guys on here running superchargers on their daily's and their fine. I also live in Texas so heat is always a factor. Not sure if a supercharger would be ideal.. Leaning towards Turbo. I guess I'm wanting something that puts down 500-600hp and still be daily driver friendly, but still rip on the streets after the car meet for some highway runs!
Opinion's?

Wheels and Tires: I'm very picky when it comes to this!! My ideal set up would be CCW classics in 19X9 in the front and 19X11 in the rear, but of course they dont make it in a 19" rim. I also don't wanna run a wheel that everyone already has. Like the SVE Drift wheels, don't get me the wrong its a nice wheels, but want something different. Cost is not really a factor to me. Ill buy whatever makes me happy. I'm also set on running 19's want a little more sidewall for comfortable.
Along the lines of 255/35/19 front and 305/30/19 in the rear. Opinion's?

The Car:
201MustangGt011.jpg

201MustangGt034.jpg

201MustangGt018.jpg

All the help would be awesome!!
Thanks guys!!

03dsgdreams

Established Member
VMP/ROUSH TVS= 10 second reliable daily driver. That's all you need VMP tune, roush tvs supercharger, drag radial's and bam your in the 10s. You can even leave the stock exhaust on and have a real sleeper. Keep us posted, nice looking car by the way.
:beer:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I hate to say this.. but go with a TVS blower. Those damn tvs guys, who have auto's, all have 10sec cars. Roush TVS, VMP tune, JLT CAI, pulley, shorter belt, colder plugs, injectors + BAP, Offroad X/H, axle back.

Suspension - Get a set of eibach sportline or steeda sport/ultra light springs. If i were to choose again, id go with the ultra lite springs. My car has the steeda sport springs and it needs more low in the back. Get a nice set of Upper/lower control arms and a panhard bar, also a nice set of shocks/struts and upper strut mounts are all you really need for suspension. You'll be all smiles going through twisty roads.

Wheels - Since barely anyone makes 19" tires and you have to sell your kidney to pay for any good 19" tire, i suggest going with either 18's or 20" wheels. These cars CAN pull off 18's with the right ride height. Same thing with 20's. It's really all up to you.

Tire sizes i recommend are 275/35/19's up front and 305/35or30/19's in the rear if you were to choose 19" tires.

Heavyfoot

Established Member
I agree with the above. These cars are a real nice car right out of the box, but who doesn't want more power. I haven't ridden in one of these supercharged YET (if anyone in Baton Rouge wants to meet up and take me for a ride in one I'm all game lol), but I hear some awesome stories on here about the vmp tvs package. Seems to be a very nice package. Also consider the centrifugal blowers too. Those can make some nice power.
As far as suspension and wheels... A lot of ppl are going with the pro kit from eibach. Some say that's its very similar to the brembo package ride when matched with D spec shocks/struts. I can't personally vouch for this setup, I'm just restating what I've read over an over on this forum. I went with the sportlines and pro dampers. It's definitely noticeable difference. It's a little rougher than what I want for my DD, but not too bad to change them! When it comes to wheels there are infinite choices out there for these cars. Most ppl run forgestars, tsw's or any wheel u can find on 50resto or American muscle. So just look other places and you won't have to worry amout looking the same lol.
As far as exhaust, everybody is going to say what they have on their car is the best. The gt500 and the roush axle backs are the most popular. IMO they are the best sounding as well.
The roush AB are a little louder than the gt500's but both sound nice.

Well that's all the basic info that's covered on this forum everyday summed up lol.
Search a little more and you'll find the rest of your answers.

Nice car!! I went back and forth between black and white and the black came out to a cheaper price so I went with it!!!!

03lowram

Established Member
Thanks guy's for the reply's!! Ill keep everyone posted on what I end up doing.
I went to Cars and Coffee this morning in Houston, and there was probably 15-20 2011+ mustang's in a row. Got a lot of good ideas!

On the TVS Blower it's a pretty reliable set up for daily driving? On how many pounds?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I hate to say this.. but go with a TVS blower. Those damn tvs guys, who have auto's, all have 10sec cars. Roush TVS, VMP tune, JLT CAI, pulley, shorter belt, colder plugs, injectors + BAP, Offroad X/H, axle back.

Suspension - Get a set of eibach sportline or steeda sport/ultra light springs. If i were to choose again, id go with the ultra lite springs. My car has the steeda sport springs and it needs more low in the back. Get a nice set of Upper/lower control arms and a panhard bar, also a nice set of shocks/struts and upper strut mounts are all you really need for suspension. You'll be all smiles going through twisty roads.

Wheels - Since barely anyone makes 19" tires and you have to sell your kidney to pay for any good 19" tire, i suggest going with either 18's or 20" wheels. These cars CAN pull off 18's with the right ride height. Same thing with 20's. It's really all up to you.

Tire sizes i recommend are 275/35/19's up front and 305/35or30/19's in the rear if you were to choose 19" tires.

I may not have a 10 sec time slip but I have an 11.2@129 on street tires with my manual car. Hard to beat the TVS when setup properly!

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
You can always go with one of our packages like the one below -

That'll give you the power to run 10's, from there all you'll need are some tires.

36587_483034581727125_1586471097_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread