Ready for Nitrous I think?

ghill2011gt

Established Member
So I have installed my nitrous kit and everything that goes with it, but I am nervous about hitting it yet on a 30K car. I have already tried it for a short time in the road from a roll, but it just smokes the MT drag radials. I am planning on trying it at the track tommorow. Here is my mod list please let me know if there is anything I am missing.

2011 gt auto
3.73's
MT Drag Radials (275/60/r15's) with skinnies in front
BMR LCA's
Shaftmasters driveshaft
JLT cai
Zex wet kit with 75hp jets for now
rpm window switch set to (3100 rpm- 7100 rpm)
bottle heater
NGK iridium 1 stage colder plugs
BBR email nitrous tune for 150 shot

Should I try mixing some race gas in before I try it?

351inside

Established Member
Hit it with at least a 125 shot so you can get the full pontential from that tune...
A zex 75 shot is like a 50 rwhp shot, I hit mine with that with stock plugs and full street tune...

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
Yeah with the nitrous tune being maximized for the 150 shot a 75 shot is not going to be very efficient. Maybe too much timing will be taken away, more fuel added and running a colder plug thus negating the gain. So if you are nervous, I would just use the 125 shot like 351inside recommended. IMO if you are going to use nitrous a 100 shot should be the minimum.

ghill2011gt

Established Member
Yeah I plan on using a bigger shot but that wasn't my question. Am I forgeting anything else like fuel.

Last edited:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
A can of Torco wouldn't hurt if you're that worried about it. What did BBR suggest when they sent you the tune?

Kubin-B

Established Member
Dont worry about fuel a wet kit doesnt need added fuels pressure as to its mixing with the fuel. If it was a dry kit then yes fuel would be a issue. I'm running a 75 shot it added 46rwhp cant even tell really except 3rd gear feals stronger thats about it.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
i went 10.36 on a 200 shot and VP 109 Octane Unleaded...10.68 on 150 Shot, 10.55 on 175 shot and 10.36 on 200 shot......I only ever hit it with the 200 the 1 time to get a great number out of the car...1.46 60ft was pretty badazz aswell, automatic just flat stabbing the throttle....i didnt use the volatage thingy the way your suppose to, have my system hooked up the ol school way...have abutton in my hand and i nail the throttle and the spray at the same time, i time it so i hit the button when my foot hits the floor pan.....works great!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_zNRJwlynI"]1036Pass - YouTube[/nomedia]

jason004

Established Member
Glenn- You got it all set right.. Just hit it with the higher shot like everyone is saying. That Zex kit is really conservative. I showed you mine up there and I was shooting a 125 and have hit it with that time and time again. I am going to Amazon Wed morning and the track that night if you want to run.. Plus I can get those tires from you.

ghill2011gt

Established Member
I ran the car today with the 125 shot but it only ran 11.50 at 125mph with 1.87 60'. 7.50 @ 98mph in the 1/8. I am running it with a window switch coming on at 2500 rpm and off at 7600 rpm. So It was not coming in right off the line and I think my 1-2 shift point is to high because it wanted to lay over at the 1-2 shift. The car was a beast after 2nd gear on though. Should I just remove the low end of the window to like 1000rpm so I can get more out of the hole? I plan on calling BBR to get the shift point adjusted down a little. I was hoping for a low 11 or high 10. The will run 11.90's at 115 and 7.70 @ 93 on motor, so not a huge improvement yet.

jason004

Established Member
I would caution you dropping it to low. If you don't have enough air moving through there is always the possibility it can puddle.. then bye bye intake! If you can program your window switch for which gear it hits in then you could do that and have it start in 2nd gear. I have mine hit in 1st at 3000 but until i change the tires I need to change it to 2nd or 3rd because it just spins. Oh when I get to 3rd and forth it pulls like a son of a b!tch.. Get the shift point changed 1st and see how it feels.. You going again on Wed?

jason004

Established Member
For sure bring the tires with you.. I will get them from you on Wed. Maybe they will help me beat you for once!

ghill2011gt

Established Member
i went 10.36 on a 200 shot and VP 109 Octane Unleaded...10.68 on 150 Shot, 10.55 on 175 shot and 10.36 on 200 shot......I only ever hit it with the 200 the 1 time to get a great number out of the car...1.46 60ft was pretty badazz aswell, automatic just flat stabbing the throttle....i didnt use the volatage thingy the way your suppose to, have my system hooked up the ol school way...have abutton in my hand and i nail the throttle and the spray at the same time, i time it so i hit the button when my foot hits the floor pan.....works great!

1036Pass - YouTube

Yeah I've seen your videos. Nice running car. Mine is the same color. Do you know what your total WOT timing was set at while spraying. I think mine is like 18 degrees total at WOT.

Impetuous

Established Member
It's not recommended to hit the nitrous below 3k because there's a lot of cylinder pressure below it. Unless the tuner modifies the TiVCT and suggests that you can hit it sooner. Also, if I were you I wouldn't let it go past 7.3k with the nitrous in case it hits the limiter and sometimes that's not good with the nitrous flowing.

ghill2011gt

Established Member
The rev limit is 7750 and I think it is shifting around 7500 which is probably to high for nitrous.

Impetuous

Established Member
The rev limit is 7750 and I think it is shifting around 7500 which is probably to high for nitrous.

That sounds high to me. No need to rev it that high with the juice flowing unless you a boss intake.

Users who are viewing this thread